Only three stadiums accessible by water

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I heard an interesting fact on the radio today: that only three college football stadiums are accessible by water -- Neyland being one, of course.

Anyone know the other two?

I heard an interesting fact on the radio today: that only three college football stadiums are accessible by water -- Neyland being one, of course.

Anyone know the other two?

One is Vandy....There's a sewer that runs right by the stadium.....

Reactions: 27 people
Awesome. Thanks.

Anyone been to either of those stadiums? Wonder if they have a version of the Vol Navy?

I've been to Husky Stadium a couple of times. They don't have anything organized like the vol navy, but they do have Husky Harbor where people tailgate before the game.

Reactions: 1 person
Being part of the Vol Navy is some of the most fun I've ever had.
Came by boat and watched us derail Auburn with Bo Jackson. What a party on the water afterward!

Not really because the Salt river that runs by the stadium in Tempe is not really navigable in that area, though now it has been dammed and there is a nice lake there.

Thanks. Knew I saw water when I was there earlier this year. My first thought then was Neyland, which made me ask. Saw they did/ are doing renovations too. Wasn't sure if they maybe had opened up the river front and made it accessible to the stadium.

Awesome. Thanks.

Anyone been to either of those stadiums? Wonder if they have a version of the Vol Navy?

too cotton pickin' cold in Washington during football season to be on a boat.

Not really because the Salt river that runs by the stadium in Tempe is not really navigable in that area, though now it has been dammed and there is a nice lake there.

This has to be one of the first times I've seen Tempe Town Lake called nice...

Awesome. Thanks.

I've heard that Washington has a pretty good water tailgate crew, but not anything like we do. I'm not aware if it has a name or not.

I just drove by the stadium in Waco last week and didn't even notice the water. It looked bigger than I expected.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back