VolnJC

CquAo5vWEAA-4yN.jpg

Preseason Coaches All-SEC teams announced

Vols with 4 on 1st team and 2 on 2nd team
Barnett, JRM, Sutton, and Berry on 1st
and Dobbs and Hurd made 2nd team

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
UT should have more than 8 players total on these 3 teams---alabama always gets favored in these votes!

Reactions: 2 people
I am definitely biased, not going to lie, but it seems to me like picking Nick Chubb over Jalen Hurd for All-SEC First Team is due to his pedigree in the past. Coming off a torn ACL is no joke and there are a lot of question marks up in the air. It's hard to say he is a known quantity this season.

But, like I said I guess I'm just a biased Vol Fan :)

Reactions: 4 people
Who cares about preseason teams?

We'll dominate these lists once the season is over.

15-0 here we come.

Slots across all 3 Teams

AL 13
LSU 13
TN 9
FL 8
GA 7
AR 7
AU 7
A&M 6
OM 5
MSU 5
VD 3
SC 2
KY 2
MO 1

(Sutton has 2 slots, 1st Team DB and 3rd Team RS)

Reactions: 2 people
I am definitely biased, not going to lie, but it seems to me like picking Nick Chubb over Jalen Hurd for All-SEC First Team is due to his pedigree in the past. Coming off a torn ACL is no joke and there are a lot of question marks up in the air. It's hard to say he is a known quantity this season.

But, like I said I guess I'm just a biased Vol Fan :)

It's a tough spot to be in when making such a list...do you say Chubb from the view of you think Chubb is a better player with health assumed or are you playing it with a asterisk for his health and move others ahead? I think most people use the first approach because if you're bringing in being healthy or not could you really rate Chubb at all?

In truth such lists do little more than get the buzz going as until results are measured on the field it's all just opinion and speculation. Hell...there'll still be people arguing about who should be ranked where even after the season's been played.

They've had 44 players drafted, won 3 SEC titles and 3 national titles since 2010. The favoritism is warranted.

Beat me to it. I would have a hard time rooting for Bama vs ISIS-U. Nevertheless, it is what it really is. They are on one of the most phenomenal runs in modern CFB history IMO.

I think LSU's Clapp and Pocic are too high, not sure Clapp should have made it at all. White is borderline making the cut, however, I think Tolliver should have made the cut and is LSU's best CB at this point. Adams is the best safety to ever play at LSU, I thought this about half way through his freshmen, but hard to complain about 2nd team.

When Brandon Harris is 3rd team QB your conference is pretty weak at that position.

I have been saying it since the end of the season, but behind Kelly there really is a tossup. I'm fine with Harris going into the season for sure. I thought he played bad once the heavy SEC West action started but before his sports hernia he did pretty good to me. His short passing game sucks, other than that he is more than decent, the two O-tackles didn't do him any favors.

Most QBs in the SEC look like crap, even if they are good.

This may just be me being biased, but Tennessee does have a lot of underrated players. Kamara not even making 3rd team AP?! Berry tying with Kirk? Sutton being 3rd team? Kirkland not even on the list? Only one O-linemen and at 3rd team?

I think LSU's Clapp and Pocic are too high, not sure Clapp should have made it at all. White is borderline making the cut, however, I think Tolliver should have made the cut and is LSU's best CB at this point. Adams is the best safety to ever play at LSU, I thought this about half way through his freshmen, but hard to complain about 2nd team.

LSUs starting DBs are all 1st rd picks

Adams is crazy good. Best safety in CFB.

It's a tough spot to be in when making such a list...do you say Chubb from the view of you think Chubb is a better player with health assumed or are you playing it with a asterisk for his health and move others ahead? I think most people use the first approach because if you're bringing in being healthy or not could you really rate Chubb at all?

In truth such lists do little more than get the buzz going as until results are measured on the field it's all just opinion and speculation. Hell...there'll still be people arguing about who should be ranked where even after the season's been played.

Oh I agree with you. Chubb has proven to be the better talent early on, there is no doubt. It's just tough to see him producing the exact same numbers as years past with his ACL injury and a lot of offensive question marks.

He is obviously a fantastic player and it would not surprise me at all to see him return to form, but I just need to see him play a game or two before I can declare him to be the old Chubb again. Adrian Peterson is one of the few examples of players that has actually had a better season after being a year removed from ACL surgery. There is a reason it doesn't happen often, regardless of talent.

When Brandon Harris is 3rd team QB your conference is pretty weak at that position.

Jeremy Johnson was 2nd Team All SEC QB in last years preseason selections.

In the post season selections Evan Berry bumped Speedy Noll from his 1st Team selection as RS. :)

It looks like every time one of these All-SEC selection lists are released we're gaining more and more slots. If this keeps up we're going to become increasingly annoying to the fan bases of rival teams.

#BrickbyBrick :dance2:

Greg Pyke was actually benched late in the year for UGA last season and yet he shows up on first team SEC predictions. Dude was terrible last year.

So a guy that was benched at guard last year and now has been moved to T is first team SEC?

Last edited:
i dont get how dylan weisman is left off all these preseason teams. how can a reigning second team all sec player not get any recognition

i dont get how dylan weisman is left off all these preseason teams. how can a reigning second team all sec player not get any recognition

Yeah, the teams are a little ridiculous. When the all SEC teams were announced at media days even the UGA fans were calling in making fun of the Pyke pick. They left Berry off on that one as a KR too.

Are there really two punters in the SEC better than Daniel? If so, SEC is loaded at punter lol

Scott (Bama) was ranked the 24th punter over all last year, Townsend 10th, Trevor Daniel 8th and A&Ms punter 4th. But the Bama player gets the nod?...favoritism.

Scott (Bama) was ranked the 24th punter over all last year, Townsend 10th, Trevor Daniel 8th and A&Ms punter 4th. But the Bama player gets the nod?...favoritism.

Scott started out terribly last year but was back to form by about midway. His poor start affected his numbers for the year. Since this is a guess as to who will be the best in 2016, Scott is as good a pick as any.

VN Store

Back