Bristol already behind schedule (updates added)

wmcovol

Due to the rain delay, BMS is 24 hours behind schedule converting the infield to a football field for Sept 10. It's a very intense schedule as it is and now 24 hours behind. Hopefully weather dries up and they won't lose any more time.

Due to the rain delay, BMS is 24 hours behind schedule converting the infield to a football field for Sept 10. It's a very intense schedule as it is and now 24 hours behind. Hopefully weather dries up and they won't lose any more time.
Cool front moving through the state of Tennessee as I type. This will provide cooler/drier weather for the next couple of days. I do not post often, but I am a meteorology major at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (enemy territory).

Reactions: 30 people
This going to be a major cluster imho, one does not simply create a natural, playable football surface in a matter of days. I realize much of the grass is already there but I am going to go out on a limb here and say it has never had a major football game played on it by grown men. I hope I am wrong but I hope for the players sakes it doesn't lead to any major injuries more than anything.

Reactions: 10 people
The owner of the contracting company, Chad Baker who is on the Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission with me said that he could finish the work in a couple days. There will be no delays.

Reactions: 18 people
It's very similar to U of Phoenix Stadium. It's a field they are literally rolling in. Love VN over reactions.

Reactions: 11 people
Painting the field and creating endzones is one thing, making it durable for heavy play is quite another.

The owner of the contracting company, Chad Baker who is on the Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission with me said that he could finish the work in a couple days. There will be no delays.

Ill go with this. Given the money, men , and equipment allocated....creating a field in this amount of time is certainly not unimaginable. In fact, it is expected.

upset-tennessee-college-football-fan-2012.gif

Reactions: 8 people
I'm pretty sure it's turf. Battle at Bristols website had a display on the many layers of material it will be using. Its not natural grass. Its turf, silica, rubber beads and other various material.

Reactions: 8 people
This going to be a major cluster imho, one does not simply create a natural, playable football surface in a matter of days. I realize much of the grass is already there but I am going to go out on a limb here and say it has never had a major football game played on it by grown men. I hope I am wrong but I hope for the players sakes it doesn't lead to any major injuries more than anything.

Exactly, this is a process for BMS. They're just saving some money on aeration by allowing the football to be played there.

Reactions: 1 person

You better not come in here with that kind of talk or some will be here any moment with pitchforks.

I doubt that they're 24 hours behind schedule. The stands were 90% empty. Machinery and materials could have been rolling onto the property and staged as there should have been a lot more open space available during the race today versus last night.

I would love to see a time laps of all the work. 3 weeks for a large conversion but Bruton will not fail. Pretty sure Astro turf will be fine and will be used over and over.

Reactions: 1 person

Dear god, can I sell you a zombie prep kit for the low low price of 25K?

Reactions: 6 people

:lolabove:

Reactions: 5 people

I was at Tennessee Tech. with a Chad Baker. seems like he would of ended up with fish and wildlife. did the Chad Baker your talking about go to Tech?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back