Appalachain State - Message Boards

He_Made_It

This one was surprisingly active:

Appalachian Football - Mountaineer Message Board

Most App St. fans seem to understand a win against UT is not very likely. However, a few are more optimistic:

"Honestly!!! You really think that Tennessee is the Clemson of last year. They will not win the SEC east.
3 losses on their schedule: Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. All every in the year. Also, At Texas A&M.
I think tennessee is overrated. If App does find a way to win, then Tennessee will be lucky to make a bowl game.
Just saying."

------------------------------------------------------
Another decent forum:

The Rock - AppStateMania.com Forums - Scout

For whatever reason, a uga fan made his way onto the forum and started a thread specifically for the UT-App St. game.

A snippet:

"Hopefully you guys can get some turnovers as Dobbs doesn't always make the best decisions.
Best of luck though. Seeing you guys beat UTk and the dejection on that overhyped fan base would more than make my day."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Most App St. fans seem to understand a win against UT is not very likely. However, a few are more optimistic:

"Honestly!!! You really think that Tennessee is the Clemson of last year. They will not win the SEC east.
3 losses on their schedule: Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. All every in the year. Also, At Texas A&M.
I think tennessee is overrated. If App does find a way to win, then Tennessee will be lucky to make a bowl game.
Just saying."

Another decent forum:

For whatever reason, a uga fan made his way onto the forum and started a thread specifically for the UT-App St. game.

A snippet:

"Hopefully you guys can get some turnovers as Dobbs doesn't always make the best decisions.
Best of luck though. Seeing you guys beat UTk and the dejection on that overhyped fan base would more than make my day."

I love how he says he sees 3 losses but they aren't one of them....it's like....then what's the point of talking about it? lol

Reactions: 18 people
Goodness. I'm reading one of their threads and some of them are bragging about their 35k sell out home game against Miami.

Ironically, that's probably more than Miami home games nowadays.

Reactions: 24 people
Thanks..if anyone gets a chance to take in a game in Boone..it is a great experience...I went over one weekend to buy one of those Big House upset shirts and met some great folks

Reactions: 8 people
Lol that is hysterical. Nothing like seeing a butt hurt Georgia fan either. They can wait their turn in the a** kicking line!

They'll be worn out by the start of the 3rd quarter.
This isn't app state of years past.
You are right they are better than ever. They were 11-2 last year as an FBS school not an FCS school like before. We should win fairly easily but Appy State isn't a push over.

You are right they are better than ever. They were 11-2 last year as an FBS school not an FCS school like before. We should win fairly easily but Appy State isn't a push over.

In the Sun Belt lol. The one good team they played won 41-10 (Clemson).

Just saying."

Another decent forum:

A snippet:

#1 3 losses isn't a "for sure not winning the east".
#2 Dobbs actually makes a lot of good decisions. He just doesn't make good throws all the time.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Clemson was pretty good last year plus I said we should win easily. Never said they are world beaters. It's a solid program though.

They're good for the conference they play in. It's kinda surprising how well they and Georgia Southern have done since moving up.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Clemson was pretty good last year plus I said we should win easily. Never said they are world beaters. It's a solid program though.

If the offense starts out slow we will be saying "ok now lets pull away from these guys..." probably till the 4th.
I see a close 1st Q, then UT gets a big lead by halftime, then App makes in interesting in the 3rd until finally UT puts the hammer down in the 4th. 41-20?
Edit
Actually if the past is any indication it will be the opposite. 1st and 3rd explosions.

What an intelligent point for that App State fan to bring up.

could be code.

"All every in the year"

1+12+12 = 25
5+22+5+18+25= 75
9+14 = 23
20+8+5 = 33
25+5+1+18 = 49

25 - Josh Smith
75 - Jashon Robertson
23 - Cam Sutton
33 - Jeremy Lewis (FR RB, Redshirt?)
49 - N/A

Top performers of the game? Double 49 you get 98. Subtract one for the lone no-jersey number, 97. Paul Bain

Those mountaineer people are slick.

VN Store

Back