Lil John Third Down for What no longer in 2016-17 ?

websiteworld

BigOrange
A friend told me they were going to stop playing Lil John Third down for what this season. Please tell me this is true!

Update- He said he heard Jimmy Hyams say it on the radio 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Conspiracy Theories abound. Cheek gone.. Did he take it with him? Does it promote an environment of sexism? Of course "3rd down" doesn't mean the same thing as "turn down", so how could it promote that culture?

My son told me Alabama is playing it now, but I can't verify.

DP has stated that it will be back, but there is talk that the team may vote to discontinue it.

Conspiracy Theories abound. Cheek gone.. Did he take it with him? Does it promote an environment of sexism? Of course "3rd down" doesn't mean the same thing as "turn down", so how could it promote that culture?

I can verify.. It is true. It's not solely on Third Down though.

It's fine for a third down a couple times a game but not every third down! I'm not a fan of that music but it helps get people up and cheering so just limit the use of that or any other song.

Reactions: 1 person

Auburn played Turn Down for What back in 2013.

Reactions: 1 person
Just yell real loud like we used. I don't see a problem. UT fans know when to yell.

The heck they do! It kills me whenever our fans are yelling or doing some cheer whenever our O is getting up to the line to run a play. Have seen CBJ wave his arms in a downward motion several times to get the fans to shut up.

Cheer after a good play, but then shut it when the team is lining up on O. How difficult is this to understand?

Reactions: 15 people
A friend told me they were going to stop playing Lil John Third down for what this season. Please tell me this is true!

Update- He said he heard Jimmy Hyams say it on the radio 2 weeks ago.

The plan was for it to return, it was used in the spring, the spring game, and new T-shirts and a new video had already been produced for the season to be used during the games.

Since the video was produced, players have requested to use something different on third down, it is still up in the air, but a decision should be made soon. If I had to guess at this point, I would say you will see something new.

Reactions: 21 people
The heck they do! It kills me whenever our fans are yelling or doing some cheer whenever our O is getting up to the line to run a play. Have seen CBJ wave his arms in a downward motion several times to get the fans to shut up.

Cheer after a good play, but then shut it when the team is lining up on O. How difficult is this to understand?

And why wait for 3rd down to get loud when we are on defense. Punt to punt is the expectation.

Reactions: 4 people
The plan was for it to return, it was used in the spring, the spring game, and new T-shirts and a new video had already been produced for the season to be used during the games.

Since the video was produced, players have requested to use something different on third down, it is still up in the air, but a decision should be made soon. If I had to guess at this point, I would say you will see something new.

Rah! Time for a change. :pepper:

The D needs to latch onto something related and / or rhyming with Shoop.

Wisconsin plays Jump Around from two decades ago. Therefore, if we back it up far, we got...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FPimCmbX8[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpC3DVK33wA[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaN01VLYSQ[/youtube]

Not saying any of those is the answer, but something along that line.....the name 'Shoop' is potentially too much fun to pass up.

Kill it.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back