Shades

Shady member
Captains.
Swag.

289a6gz.jpg

Everybody, listen to me
And return me my ship

Reactions: 15 people
That an album cover of a new boy band CD?

S&C program is still working I see. AK does not look like the "3rd down scat back" people try to say he is. He's a pretty big dude and runs tough between the tackles. He looks even bigger now so I can't wait to see that speed/size/strength on the field.

Reactions: 4 people
I was watching the Tennessee vs auburn game today and it seems like our LBs were much larger

I was watching the Tennessee vs auburn game today and it seems like our LBs were much larger

You're right, but times have changed. Teams rely more on quick LB's that can cover, rather than huge guys. The way offensive football has evolved has pushed it that direction

Smaller faster offensive players that are spreading the field out wide and long make defensive players have to be smaller, faster, and they have to be good in space. Now days they move what used to be Safety's to LB and LB's to DE.

Speaking of LB's I still like the 1997 LB trio of AL, LL, & RT. Even though Little was a better DE, that's a helluva LB group.

Maybe they can do a slow motion walk onto the field this year to Kenny loggins, Danger zone.

It's 2016 and speed still kills

That's because the game has changed so much. Spread offenses, high tempo, no huddle, and better passing attacks have really changed defenses. Instead of having a monster at LB that can eat up the run, now they have to be able to cover the run, a receiver, and rush the passer.

You're right, but times have changed. Teams rely more on quick LB's that can cover, rather than huge guys. The way offensive football has evolved has pushed it that direction

Funny you say that because back then Chavis was known for having smaller linebackers because he wanted more speed. He was known for recruiting safeties/RB's and converting them to LB's, recruiting LB's to be DE's, recruiting DE's to be DT's, etc.

That an album cover of a new boy band CD?

S&C program is still working I see. AK does not look like the "3rd down scat back" people try to say he is. He's a pretty big dude and runs tough between the tackles. He looks even bigger now so I can't wait to see that speed/size/strength on the field.
Exactly what I was thinking as well, not really that short little fast guy that has sort of been promoted in the press. Also JRM per this pic looks like a guy that can bring the pain.

Last edited:
Funny you say that because back then Chavis was known for having smaller linebackers because he wanted more speed. He was known for recruiting safeties/RB's and converting them to LB's, recruiting LB's to be DE's, recruiting DE's to be DT's, etc.

Is it safe to say that Haynesworth and Henderson weren't recruited as DEs?

Reactions: 1 person
Exactly what I was thinking as well, not really that short little fast guy that has sort of been promoted in the press. Also JRM per this pic looks like a guy that can bring the pain.

AK looks like the prototypical SEC RB. Hurd just so happens to dwarf him. They do have a nice thunder/lightning thing goin but a larger version of it.

JRM will bring pain. He plays so much bigger than he is too. Watching him bring down Henry was like watching David/Goliath. JRM slammed Henry to the turf. I know some people think he is too small but i think he will do fine in the NFL.

Smaller faster offensive players that are spreading the field out wide and long make defensive players have to be smaller, faster, and they have to be good in space. Now days they move what used to be Safety's to LB and LB's to DE.

Speaking of LB's I still like the 1997 LB trio of AL, LL, & RT. Even though Little was a better DE, that's a helluva LB group.
Kiner, Neumoff, and Reynolds weren't bad either...

VN Store

Back