24 Hours of Tennessee Sports and.....

Backwards K

.....they show 30 minutes of a recruiting show, TWICE! All of the great moments in Tennessee sports history and they waste our time showing a 30 min recruiting show and then turn around and play the same show again!

Reactions: 3 people
.....they show 30 minutes of a recruiting show, TWICE! All of the great moments in Tennessee sports history and they waste our time showing a 30 min recruiting show and then turn around and play the same show again!

Yep. Kind of disappointing. 2015 GA game played at midnight. Didn't stay up for that one.

Reactions: 1 person
With all the great football games from the past this is a pretty weak lineup.

Back when the SECNetwork first opened our 24 hour day had something like the 97 SEC title, the 95(I think? maybe 96?) UT/UGA game, the 98 SEC title, the national championship 04 UT/UF among other things if I recall right. Or at least a few of those games thrown in. Dunno what's caused them to destroy their programming.

Reactions: 2 people
I just finished watching the second half of the 1997 SEC Championship game vs Auburn. It was a win, but not a very well played game for TN...6 turnovers, too many penalties, blocked extra point returned for two points, etc.

Peyton's leadership was evident in the game.

Back when the SECNetwork first opened our 24 hour day had something like the 97 SEC title, the 95(I think? maybe 96?) UT/UGA game, the 98 SEC title, the national championship 04 UT/UF among other things if I recall right. Or at least a few of those games thrown in. Dunno what's caused them to destroy their programming.

Schools were not allowed to select games for the takeover this year that were a part of the takeover last year.

The coaching staff asked for the recruiting show to be played. The 2 half hour segments that were shown today were different, but featured elements from the longer recruiting show from national signing day. If the network played the same one twice, then they screwed up.

People on Twitter were mad that both basketball games were from this year, I can tell you that UT was not going to spend part of their day promoting another active coach in the Southeastern conference.

There are other limitations on past games that the schools are given before making their selections. There are certainly games that Tennessee would like to have included on its takeover that were not available for licensing reasons.

Schools also have to pick at least two games from nonrevenue sports, which is why you saw an old baseball game and a softball game from this season.

Reactions: 7 people
Watching the first 27 min of the Georgia game I have no freaking clue how we won. That first half was pathetic.

Reactions: 3 people
Yea, sure SECN gave them some guidelines, but the choices overall were mediocre.

Should have been heavy on football. I scanned thru the 24 hour lineup last night and found it very disappointing.

I just finished watching the second half of the 1997 SEC Championship game vs Auburn. It was a win, but not a very well played game for TN...6 turnovers, too many penalties, blocked extra point returned for two points, etc.

Peyton's leadership was evident in the game.

We could not get out of our own way in that game. Should have won by 20.

The talent level was interesting to see. Deon Grant playing special teams only. Shawn Brysons speed was amazing. Him tracking down a db on an interception was phenomenal.

Reactions: 2 people
The recruiting show was exactly the same back to back.

I did enjoy the super regional game at GIT.

Why not games like the sugar vols, Reggie vs lsu, m @ sb, Ainge smacking cal, 82 bama, even bray hunter and cp vs nc state, stuff like that? I would love to see them show some classic games that me and most fans like to relive.

Any TN games are better than none but plenty to show that they didn't play last year.

Thanks DeerPark, that makes a lot of sense. We win some bigger games this year and we eliminate this problem!

Why not games like the sugar vols, Reggie vs lsu, m @ sb, Ainge smacking cal, 82 bama, even bray hunter and cp vs nc state, stuff like that? I would love to see them show some classic games that me and most fans like to relive.

Any TN games are better than none but plenty to show that they didn't play last year.

Because those were the old administration and Butch wants to show what his team has done. It's stupid but not surprising. Guess we should enjoy watching recruiting highlights until we can get some more good wins

Because those were the old administration and Butch wants to show what his team has done. It's stupid but not surprising. Guess we should enjoy watching recruiting highlights until we can get some more good wins

Butch is calling the shots at the SEC network?

Butch is calling the shots at the SEC network?

LOL no, during the SEC take over the university picks what is shown. If you don't think the football picks either came from or were approved by Butch then I can't help you

Maybe I'm just getting older but while watching the replay of Northwestern and Tennessee I can't help but notice how bad the untucked shirt under the jersey looks. I really hope that stops or that fad goes away quickly.

VN Store

Back