Tailgating Question

VOLSDB

I see many people with a tv set up at their tailgating location. I was wondering the best way to accomplish this. I have an extra dish network dish, but what other accessories are needed? Or would it be easier to use a different equipment altogether? Any information is greatly appreciated

Reactions: 1 person
I see many people with a tv set up at their tailgating location. I was wondering the best way to accomplish this. I have an extra dish network dish, but what other accessories are needed? Or would it be easier to use a different equipment altogether? Any information is greatly appreciated
I bought a tailgater dish on eBay last year for $200 and works great. If you want to use your extra dish get same equipment you have hooked to receiver and lookup settings which for Knoxville is: elevation 46 azimuth(compass) 160 skew 72.

Several different ways to approach it.

You'll need the dish, a box, TV, and someway to power it.

If you have some kind of unlimited streaming option with your cell service, that could be an option as well.

Easiest way we've found was a deep cycle marine battery with an inverter if the TV/box is going to be the only thing running. Otherwise, a generator might be needed.

Several different ways to approach it.

You'll need the dish, a box, TV, and someway to power it.

If you have some kind of unlimited streaming option with your cell service, that could be an option as well.

Easiest way we've found was a deep cycle marine battery with an inverter if the TV/box is going to be the only thing running. Otherwise, a generator might be needed.
That's the way I power is deep cycle battery and for bigger tailgates like Bristol or late games I rent Honda eu2000 for $25 for weekend. Until ESPN took almost completely over I could watch the noon SEC game on antenna and 3:30 CBS games and other national games on ABC easily.

I have a Winegard portable dish antenna and use one of our basic (non HD) Directv boxes and tv at Nascar events, camping and house in Oak Ridge. Works great in our RV or the house and get all of our Atlanta program package with all football you want. Just learn the set up numbers for elevation and direction for your area and you should get the tone and you are running.

Also depends on what you want to watch. If you're satisfied with network games (abc/cbs,etc) easiest way is HD antenna. And cheap. Maybe $10. If you're looking for ESPN, SECN, then will need sat.

I bought a kit off eBay for directv. It came with the dish and everything else needed except a power source and the directv receiver. I have 5 or 6 receivers in my house so we just unhook one of those and carry it with us. We use a generator for power and it all works great. Easy to set up once you do it once or twice.

We run our xfinity through our iPhone hooked up to a tv through an hdmi adapter from the iPhone. Every game that's on cable :)

Reactions: 2 people
I've been trying to find a way to watch games in the duck blind for years. What kind of inverter do I need to hook a tv to a deep cycle battery

I've been trying to find a way to watch games in the duck blind for years. What kind of inverter do I need to hook a tv to a deep cycle battery
If just 32 in tv and satellite receiver less than 100 watts which I would recomend probably 300 watts peak less than $50. If you have audio I would say 750 watts and most of these run around $69.99.

Speaking of tailgating, who can give me some information on where to join a tailgate party? I'm from Iowa, long time Vols. It is great to gloat to all the Hawkeyes in my area when the Vols kick the crap out of them in a bowl game! I am coming to my first live game ever, for the Ohio game. I'm bringing my daughter down that Friday for an official college visit, as she has decided UT is her top choice of colleges to attend! I am very happy about that! Anyway, obviously being from Iowa, I have no idea where to go on game day. Anyone want to invite my daughter, my wife, and I into their tailgate party? LOL!

Speaking of tailgating, who can give me some information on where to join a tailgate party? I'm from Iowa, long time Vols. It is great to gloat to all the Hawkeyes in my area when the Vols kick the crap out of them in a bowl game! I am coming to my first live game ever, for the Ohio game. I'm bringing my daughter down that Friday for an official college visit, as she has decided UT is her top choice of colleges to attend! I am very happy about that! Anyway, obviously being from Iowa, I have no idea where to go on game day. Anyone want to invite my daughter, my wife, and I into their tailgate party? LOL!

Welcome to the board. :hi:

Don't stay out late Friday night. Ohio is a noon kickoff, so breakfast tailgates for everyone!

Don't stay out late Friday night. Ohio is a noon kickoff, so breakfast tailgates for everyone!

One of the best parts about football season. Waking up early and pouring a gin and orange juice while making breakfast and watching College Gameday. Can't wait for the season.

One of the best parts about football season. Waking up early and pouring a gin and orange juice while making breakfast and watching College Gameday. Can't wait for the season.

You want new friends? Bring a camp stove and start making eggs and bacon.

Everybody comes around pretty quick once the smell gets out.

I've always wondered if you could use a roku with sling tv and hotspot a phone with unlimited data. Thoughts?

I've always wondered if you could use a roku with sling tv and hotspot a phone with unlimited data. Thoughts?
You can but probably have connection issues since everyone will be on cell phone within a 2 mile radius. Who has an unlimited plan? Did not know providers still offered that?

VN Store

Back