Tennessee Clear Bags

FlVols

Long time Member
Is there a place to order the 12x6x12 clear bags shown on utsports.com to comply with the new policy?

Is there a place to order the 12x6x12 clear bags shown on utsports.com to comply with the new policy?

Season ticket holders will be shipped one bag per household.

Otherwise, I'm sure the Vol Shop, Alumni Hall, Hound Dogs, etc will all have acceptable options (most of which can be accessed online as well).

And FWIW, it doesn't have to be that bag exactly. It just has to meet the criteria.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes but we sure would like to get one of those. It's always sweet to have Vols gear from head to toe especially when putting up w Gators. We'll be at that game and swagged out!

Sort of ridiculous to pass a new rule and not have them for purchase anywhere.

You can use any clear plastic bag, long as it complies with the rules, I got mine at Cracker Barrel in Ootlewah, TN, Amazon has them, like mine, but are temporarily out of stock. They also have plenty of NFL logo clear plastic bag. They may not have the Power T on them but lots of places are carrying them to be in compliance with the NFL.. it was on the horizon for happening at more college stadiums so I got some Dallas bags and UT stuff..

They will be available all over campus and in town.

You should have no problem find a UT branded bag. No one in town misses a chance to make a buck off of UT, so you will have ample options.

Will I be allowed to bring in a stadium chair if it has a back to it? It doesn't have arms or pockets.

Will I be allowed to bring in a stadium chair if it has a back to it? It doesn't have arms or pockets.

Prohibited Items

The University of Tennessee reserves the right to examine the contents of any container brought into the stadium. To protect the safety of our fans, players, officials and staff, the following items are prohibited.

Please do not attempt to bring these or similar articles in the stadium. Items will not be stored at the gate or stadium for pickup after the game.
◾Backpacks (of any size)
◾Alcoholic beverages
◾Cans, bottles, coolers
◾Outside food, snacks, beverages
◾Radios without headsets
◾Open umbrellas
◾Selfie sticks
◾Video cameras
◾Professional cameras or cameras with detachable lenses
◾Unmanned aircraft
◾Stadium seats with arms
◾Large bags or parcels, including backpacks and larger purses
◾Weapons, including pocket knives
◾Artificial noisemakers
◾Smoking — including e-cigarettes — is prohibited in Neyland Stadium at all times
◾Bag sizes greater than 12x12x12 (except for medical or diaper bags, which will be searched)
◾Strollers

Permitted Items

The following items are permitted inside Neyland Stadium:
◾Mobile phones
◾Binoculars
◾Seat cushions
◾Seats without arms
◾Radios with headsets
◾Diaper bags when accompanied by an infant
◾Limited use of cameras. Game action may not be filmed. Consideration of other spectators is expected.

you can always call Tennessee Fund and ask. 865-974-1218

Prohibited Items

The University of Tennessee reserves the right to examine the contents of any container brought into the stadium. To protect the safety of our fans, players, officials and staff, the following items are prohibited.

Please do not attempt to bring these or similar articles in the stadium. Items will not be stored at the gate or stadium for pickup after the game.
◾Backpacks (of any size)
◾Alcoholic beverages
◾Cans, bottles, coolers
◾Radios without headsets
◾Open umbrellas
◾Selfie sticks
◾Video cameras
◾Unmanned aircraft
◾Stadium seats with arms
◾Artificial noisemakers
◾Smoking — including e-cigarettes — is prohibited in Neyland Stadium at all times
◾Bag sizes greater than 12x12x12 (except for medical or diaper bags, which will be searched)
◾Strollers

Permitted Items

◾Mobile phones
◾Binoculars
◾Seat cushions
◾Seats without arms
◾Radios with headsets
◾Limited use of cameras. Game action may not be filmed. Consideration of other spectators is expected.

What is this world coming to when a person is prohibited from bringing their unmanned aircraft to a UT football game?

I hope we can. I bought a couple from the VolShop inside the stadium last year. Just sent them a message on Twitter. I'll post if they respond.

The pocket knives surprised me. I've carried one with me forever, including every game I've ever been to and never gave it a thought. Never been checked either; though it is clipped to my pocket and easily visible/identifiable. Just lucky I guess! They always check my binoculars though, maybe that has distracted security. :hmm:

Last edited:

Got my response. Vol Sports Twitter said as long as it doesn't have arms or pockets. So i'd say the Chairs with backs are good to go.

I believe this was mentioned before but just as a reminder there's a new bag policy for Neyland Stadium & other UT venues:

UT Implements New Bag Policy for Athletic Venues - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

In order to enhance safety and expedite fan entry at Tennessee athletic events, beginning in August 2016, the University of Tennessee, Knoxville is implementing new safety policies for fans bringing bags into all athletic venues, including Neyland Stadium.

Only one clear plastic bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches or a one-gallon, clear, resealable plastic storage bag per person will be permitted. Fans will also be allowed a small clutch purse not to exceed 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches.

The Tennessee Athletic Department has partnered with Visit Knoxville and Coca-Cola to provide all football season ticket holders with one complimentary bag per household. The bags will mailed to season ticket holders in mailer in mid-August. Additional support is courtesy of Academy Sports and Subway. Fans interested in purchasing an approved clear bag may visit the Official Team Store at Neyland Stadium, VolShop locations in the Student Union, 17th & Cumberland Avenue and University Commons; as well as other area retailers.

The Southeastern Conference anticipates implementing the new rules for the 2017 academic year, but UT has joined several other SEC universities (including Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Mississippi State, South Carolina and Texas A&M) in implementing changes for the 2016 season.

No other bags will be allowed inside athletic venues, including Neyland Stadium. All items, including clear bags and clutch purses, are subject to search at the gates.

Other prohibited items:

Alcoholic beverages, cans, bottles and coolers

Outside food, snacks and beverages

Radios without headphones

Open umbrellas

Video cameras, professional cameras or cameras with detachable lenses

Stadium seats with arms or pockets

Weapons of any kind, including pocketknives

Selfie sticks, artificial noisemakers

No items can be left or stored at the gates.

Fans can bring the following items inside athletic venues, provided they meet the size requirement:

Cushions or seats without arms or pockets

Small bags with medically necessary items, subject to search

Note: Diapers and non-medically necessary items for babies and young children must be carried in a clear bag.
Small cameras, cell phones and binoculars

Prohibited Items

◾Backpacks (of any size)
◾Alcoholic beverages
◾Cans, bottles, coolers
◾Radios without headsets
◾Open umbrellas
◾Selfie sticks
◾Video cameras
◾Unmanned aircraft
◾Stadium seats with arms
◾Artificial noisemakers
◾Strollers

Permitted Items

◾Mobile phones
◾Binoculars
◾Seat cushions
◾Seats without arms
◾Radios with headsets

Looks like Miss State fans can't bring cowbells whenever they come.

Maybe they will retaliate by banning WOO.

VN Store

Back