The 5th year leader

LittleVol

Of course I can help you, Coach Heupel.
Dillon Bates, the legacy hero that arrived with tremendous expectations finally stood at the front.

Surrounded by his teammates, Dillon began to briefly reminisce about his early struggles. His injuries. The defensive playbook that seemed like jarble to him, in a way a foreign traveler tried to read traffic signs in their new destination. Constantly fighting for a place against other great players, who were now moved on. Some to be the NFL.

He knew that sometimes, no matter what you do, you just can't win in that moment. And he had many in his time with his dream school. The school of his blood.

But here he stood. Another chance. Another opportunity to have "his" moment.
With fire in his eyes, he watched as the crimson juggernaut lined up their 6'2 255 pound running back in an eye formation with an even bigger manchild leading the former bruiser.

This was it. His team leading by five points only needed to hold! Only one yard stood between the Crimson Tide and last minute victory and yet another birth to the college football playoff.

But in between the one yard, stood him. The 5th year leader. The legacy. Dillon Bates knew that everything he endured at Tennessee had led him to this moment.

He veered down towards to line as the man in stripes placed the ball on the ground and ran behind the Crimson offense.

Something ignited in his belly. His muscles tensded and his energy spiked.

The ball snapped! He.....

To be continued 😊

Edit: I-Formation

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Dillon Bates...6'2 255 pound running back in an eye formation...
To be continued 😊

Gotta watch that eye formation.

You back, Man??!!

Cyclops%20Killer_zpsde2rza9k.png

Reactions: 3 people
We are all worse off as individuals for having read the OP. May God have mercy....

Reactions: 10 people
I like your point, OP. There are lots of potential hidden stars on this team that could emerge at any time. You tend to forget about those redshirt and medical redshirt kids who could turn themselves into a totally different player by the time they are Juniors and Seniors.

Reactions: 1 person
Meth is a hell of a drug..... oh and sometimes when you see college games on TV in July, they might not be live games......just a thought.

?? This is why economy is sinking ..people don't work and spend time on this kind of crap

Hey Mr. Sunshine. I live in San Diego, and am 3 hours behind the East Coast.

I went to work @ 7:00 am which is 10:00 am EST.

Sorry you don't suppoŕt the notion of Dillon Bates finally having a big moment for us.

Guys, what's so bad about what I wrote??

I woke up early- as always- and I was in a writing mood.

I was just trying to bring something different 😦

Are we talking about Dillon or Daddy Bill facing down Herschel?

"...Daddy Bill facing down Herschel?" I was seated in that end zone the night Herschel steamrolled Daddy Bill for a T.D. and the only person face down was, well..., Daddy Bill. Sadly, I knew I had just witnessed greatness.

Guys, what's so bad about what I wrote??

I woke up early- as always- and I was in a writing mood.

I was just trying to bring something different 😦

Don't take it personal, just guts having fun. If it helps, I've been threatened to be kidnapped, tortured, and stabbed in other threads over stuff I post😁

VN Store

Back