Here's Butch on the 2017 class.

HoptownVol

Maybe this will put some at ease.

“I can assure you we are doing our due diligence,” Jones said Thursday morning in an exclusive interview with the
Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s SEC Country. “A lot of these early commitments are a byproduct of relationships that have been
in place for years.

“We have a very strong recruiting process that we go by.”

I'm in the wait and see category, but by and large I trust this staff and their evaluations.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...s-knows-the-math-accelerated-recruiting-cycle

Reactions: 3 people
“We have a very strong recruiting process that we go by.”

Sounds just like the excuse for not going for 2 and using the chart.

Reactions: 11 people
Fans might as well unwind and stop polarizing over whether this class is going to be championship level or not. Not only are we 6 mos out from actual signing day. But, it will take at least 2 more seasons to determine what this group really is.

Reactions: 14 people
Fans might as well unwind and stop polarizing over whether this class is going to be championship level or not. Not only are we 6 mos out from actual signing day. But, it will take at least 2 more seasons to determine what this group really is.

This! :good!:

But STAR POWER!!!!!!!!

We're going to LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree with that assumption. We can sign one or two 4*-5* recruits left for the 2017 class & we will end up being a top 10 signing class period.

It may even only take one 5* to get it done with a couple of 4* recruits we have on our radar. I don't see us finishing outside the top 15 now no matter what for 2017.

I trust Butch & his process & way of recruiting. He will land at least one big name recruit on NSD to help us out tremendously.

Reactions: 4 people
I disagree with that assumption. We can sign one or two 4*-5* recruits left for the 2017 class & we will end up being a top 10 signing class period.

It may even only take one 5* to get it done with a couple of 4* recruits we have on our radar. I don't see us finishing outside the top 15 now no matter what for 2017.

I trust Butch & his process & way of recruiting. He will land at least one big name recruit on NSD to help us out tremendously.

shoulda used the blue font, Grand Vol.

Reactions: 2 people
It will be really interesting to see what kind of impact the season will have on recruiting if the Vols live up to the hype. An 11-1 regular season should be pretty persuasive for guys who are on the fence about UT.

Reactions: 1 person
IMG_4569-MOTION.gif

Reactions: 9 people
He's saying what he has to say. However you can rest assured that not all of our current commitments are takes IF bigger fish come along.

Reactions: 7 people
I believe some of the commitments know where they are in the pecking order. When some of our 4/5 stars we are after decide to pick the Vols Butch will let the player on the fence to decommit first. Butch knows what he is doing. All is good.

shoulda used the blue font, Grand Vol.

I don't use blue font.

If one can't pick up the obvious sarcasm from the preponderance of exclamation points and capitalized words...

Look, I trust in CBJ and company to properly evaluate incoming talent as filling needs and niches within the roster due to projected losses. And as many have said before, there very likely is a chance the roster will look entirely different by February. But make no mistake, I think each and every recruit offered so far is filling a role or need and/or is a long term project they feel will work out in the long run. We aren't Vandy running out and signing every 3 star because we aren't going to get any better. There haven't been many WTF moments in the recruiting so far except for those that would do it regardless of the player being signed.

Give it time, these things will work themselves out.

Reactions: 3 people
Some of these recruits won't work out and we will replace them with 5 star top ranked JUCOS. Whether ESPN wants to believe it or not, buy the time these guys get on the field they will be a field full of 5 stars.

Last edited:
I believe some of the commitments know where they are in the pecking order. When some of our 4/5 stars we are after decide to pick the Vols Butch will let the player on the fence to decommit first. Butch knows what he is doing. All is good.

Well see, this is what it boils down too. Butch is going to take care of this class. A big season transforms what we're looking at now into a Top 5ish class. I'm not worried about it.

After the last 3 years, I am convinced he knows what he is doing. To get a top 10 class will be even tougher than the top 5 classes of the last 2 years. Can't sell the possibility of playing time any longer.

I got 99 probs but crutin ain't one!

Well I only have a couple probs but still, crutin ain't one. I trust Butch till he gives me a reason not to. Let him worry bout the 2016 season right now cause that's what will make or break the future of TN football.

Win alot and get another top ranked class and the beasts of the east are back.

Lose alot and these kids figure out Butch is not the guy to trust their college career to.

Let Butch pour his time into team 120 and it'll all take care of itself. When the season is over and it's a success, then he can hit the trail hard the last 2 months and let the nation know the building process is finished, we are a championship contender year in and year out and we're a NFL assymbly line.

We all better hope he wins and wins big this year. The future is riding on it and how great it'll be.

Butch and gang been working hard on relationships with high school coaches too...big part of process...:yes:

GO VOLS!

Winning curse almost everything. Recruits want to see Tennessee put it all together on the field and in the W column. Win and recruiting will get even better.

That's the problem Tony, he will probably land one. The problem is Georgia, Bama, and even Clemson are landing 7 or more of these big name recruits.

Winning curse almost everything. Recruits want to see Tennessee put it all together on the field and in the W column. Win and recruiting will get even better.

Winning 9 games last year still ain't good enough to do better than he's doing now?

Reactions: 1 person
But STAR POWER!!!!!!!!

We're going to LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, more often than not, if you start a season or an athletic competition thinking you will lose, the outcome is fairly certain that becomes reality. If stars mean you win or lose, why play the $#@^ing games?

Getting wound up over a recruiting class this early is like popping champagne corks after the 1st practice session of the Daytona 500.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back