16 College Football Freshmen We Can't Wait to See in 2016 Fall Camp

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
16 College Football Freshmen We Can't Wait to See in 2016 Fall Camp | Bleacher Report

Tennessee S Nigel Warrior

4f7c053ff5209b810223861a03ea8878_crop_north.png
247Sports

With 17 returning starters, including eight on defense, there aren't going to be many opportunities for Tennessee's newcomers to have major roles in 2016. The exception is at safety, where both starters from last year have graduated, giving the Volunteers' highest-rated incoming prospect a shot to play immediately.
A legacy player whose father, Dale Carter, was one of the school's best defensive backs ever, Warrior has the pedigree to go with the skill set to be able to contend for a starting job.
"I just want to give it all I can give every play and never come off the field and say I could have did this or that," Warrior told Patrick Brown of the Times Free-Press. "I want to come off the field and say I did what I could do and I went my hardest."
While junior Todd Kelly likely has one safety spot locked up, there's no shortage of competition for the other slot. Micah Abernathy, Evan Berry and Rashaan Gaulden will face off against Warrior.

I don't see him starting this season but stranger things have happened. The kid has all the tools to be special.

Go Vols

Reactions: 8 people
Has an outstanding pedigree. Dale Carter only played 2 years for UT, but was one of, if not the best DB's to ever wear orange and white.

If anything like dad, we are in great hands on the backend for several years to come...

Gaulden will play safety opposite TKJr, not corner. Foreman will be nickel, Sutton and Martin staters at CB IMO.

I see this a lot and have no basis to argue to the contrary but it will be somewhat disappointing if an athlete the caliber of Evan Berry can't win a starting role.

I also wouldn't sleep on Moseley. People keep writing him off. He keeps making plays.

Reactions: 4 people
I see this a lot and have no basis to argue to the contrary but it will be somewhat disappointing if an athlete the caliber of Evan Berry can't win a starting role.

I also wouldn't sleep on Moseley. People keep writing him off. He keeps making plays.

Moseley is more consistent, Martin the most skill, imo...

Should be a good battle there...

You know your coach is decent at this recruiting thing when talented athletes are backups. It's a GOOD thing.

Reactions: 4 people
I see him playing as a freshman and sophomore TKjr role this year. I think that really helped develop TKjr. Get quality snaps but not be the primary guy.

Can't wait to see Warrior play and see what this secondary can do. We have are loaded on the back end with talent.

Kelly starting with Berry as his backup. Gaulden starting with Abernathy as his backup. Warrior will backup either as he gains experience. Berry's role could be limited as the season progresses.

Jones can't recruit :crazy:

How can you say that after the classes he's brought in so far in his years here at UT? No worse than a top 15 signing class since he's been here when before we couldn't do any better than #29 overall class for years. If there's one thing Butch can do is that he can recruit.

For 2017 I think in my own personal opinion he's signed far too many 3* recruits but it's not over yet & I assume a few of those will leave & go elsewhere. To say he can't recruit isn't fair to CBJ at all Biopsyman!

Coaching itself is up for bigtime debate for certain situations in games but recruiting isn't something you can question about him. I don't understand what else more you expect him to do buddy with recruiting.

Warrior should be good but I expect some transition issues. Expect him to have a similar impact as TK Jr his freshman year. I think the WR group is going to stand out. Byrd, Callaway & Johnson are studs. Williams has nice speed too, possible future KR.

Your statement alone is a huge testament to Butch's recruiting.

What plays did Moseley make in 2015? Getting beat deep repeatedly is making plays? I mean the WR Dieter from BG killed him. We switched Foreman on him & foreman did better. Foreman is a better corner than Moseley.

Moselely will see spare playing time in 2016. Too many now ahead of him & he gets beat way too much. He will become a role player & just play a few snaps per game & probably some special teams. Yes, he's being demoted!

VN Store

Back