Heath Shuler on his career at UT and the program today

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn_vh3dX72M[/YOUTUBE]

Heath was right about that 92 team. Had we not had off the fields issues I truly think we are playing Miami for the NC

Reactions: 9 people
And Heath had the strongest arm I ever saw from a UT QB. He had a damn rocket launcher attached to his shoulder.

Reactions: 2 people
He looks more and more like his dad.

I went to the same HS a few years ahead of Heath. It was incredible watching him play against the normal HS player.

Best college QB I ever saw right up until I saw Peyton as a SO. I believe it was Cinn and I saw him throw about a 60 yd pass on a rope in a driving rainstorm. We have had some guys that could sling it, but, he had the strongest arm I have ever seen in college.

Reactions: 1 person
Best college QB I ever saw right up until I saw Peyton as a SO. I believe it was Cinn and I saw him throw about a 60 yd pass on a rope in a driving rainstorm. We have had some guys that could sling it, but, he had the strongest arm I have ever seen in college.
He was a big part of the reason we got Peyton to look at us during his recruitment, IMHO. He started a string of high quality quarterback prospects that we were able to recruit to Tennessee that lasted through Eric Ainge.

Reactions: 1 person
He was a big part of the reason we got Peyton to look at us during his recruitment, IMHO. He started a string of high quality quarterback prospects that we were able to recruit to Tennessee that lasted through Eric Ainge.

Joey Matthews says thank you

Yes he did. TRob too. Ainge could also spin it.

T-Rob was awesome, but I recall Tim McGee having to come back and beat the DB on multiple under thrown deep balls.

Tee threw the prettiest deep ball I have seen a Vol QB throw...typically hitting Peerless in stride.

I would include Bray in that as well. Say what you want, but, man, could he throw it.

We had another as well, a red headed kid that played for Dallas for a while, he could spin it too, Stephens maybe, his name escapes me.

Andy Kelly to Carl Pickens.

Great combo. I can still recall a beautifully thrown deep ball vs Kentucky right in front of me in '89 or '90. Kelly just threw it as far as he could, I didn't think there was any way Carl was gonna get there, but he did with ease as it turned out and took it to the house. Thing of beauty.

T-Rob was awesome, but I recall Tim McGee having to come back and beat the DB on multiple under thrown deep balls.

Tee threw the prettiest deep ball I have seen a Vol QB throw...typically hitting Peerless in stride.

When I think of those two I always recall the deep ball for a TD vs Auburn in '85....TRob hit him right in stride in the endzone.

Saw him at Arky in 93 I think. Was just throwing lasers all over the yard that day.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn_vh3dX72M[/YOUTUBE]

Heath was right about that 92 team. Had we not had off the fields issues I truly think we are playing Miami for the NC

that 92 season was a season time forgot.

that 92 season was a season time forgot.

Mose has the time

mpa_zps96d2a9d5.jpg

Andy Kelly to Carl Pickens.

Just reading your post made me smile! Good memories for me and a huge reason I'm a Vol fan. Kelly was a bad dude! Id give a golden nickel for Pickens to be on team 120!

Heath Shuler had a cannon and was a heck of a dual threat guy for his time. I remember losing to ARK in 92 but I had forgotten about S Car I guess.

My dad till this day says T Robinson could've been one of the best QB's we ever had. I was too young to remember him though.

Thanks for the smile my friend

Just reading your post made me smile! Good memories for me and a huge reason I'm a Vol fan. Kelly was a bad dude! Id give a golden nickel for Pickens to be on team 120!

Heath Shuler had a cannon and was a heck of a dual threat guy for his time. I remember losing to ARK in 92 but I had forgotten about S Car I guess.

My dad till this day says T Robinson could've been one of the best QB's we ever had. I was too young to remember him though.

Thanks for the smile my friend

As good as it has been, it's not even close to what we are waiting for. #120 is my favorite team of all time.

I would include Bray in that as well. Say what you want, but, man, could he throw it.

We had another as well, a red headed kid that played for Dallas for a while, he could spin it too, Stephens maybe, his name escapes me.

Nick Stephens.

I was at the 92 TN/SC game and couldn't believe I witnessed the Vols lose to SC. Shuler was a great QB just wish he would have stayed for his Sr year and I think he has said he should have also.

The 1991 Auburn game was outstanding. I believe Kelly hit Pickens a few times to scores.

Nasa - you have to be under 40 and not have seen Shuler while you were an adult in order to have a level comparison. No knock at all against Bray or Stephens, but Shuler was at a different level both in arm strength and overall athleticism. If you have time, find the Georga game on youtube where it went back and forth between Shuler and Zeier.

VN Store

Back