Projecting College Football's 2016 All-Breakout Team

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Projecting College Football's 2016 All-Breakout Team | Bleacher Report

Wide Receivers

hi-res-fb46b6edf289975ab4910723130fdd94_crop_north.jpg

Preston Williams, Tennessee
The biggest question mark on what should be a dangerous Tennessee team in 2016 is the production of its wide receivers for quarterback Joshua Dobbs. One wideout expected to take the next step and then some this fall is Preston Williams, a former 4-star recruit who had a monster spring in Knoxville.
Dobbs needs a receiver who can stretch the defense vertically this season, and Williams looks like the ideal candidate. The 6'4" sophomore only had seven receptions for 158 yards and two touchdowns last season, but he routinely turned heads during spring practices and was named the team's most improved offensive player, according to Wes Rucker of 247Sports.
"Big spring, remarkable progress, and it all started with his mentality and his attitude and inner drive to be the best," Tennessee head coach Butch Jones said, per Rucker. "He still has strides that he has to make in terms of route running and catching the football and high-pointing and all that, but his attitude, his mentality, it’s been great to see."

Reactions: 3 people
Drew Richmond, Tennessee
Last year, Tennessee had the luxury of redshirting Drew Richmond, who was the third-best offensive tackle in the class of 2015. This year, the Volunteers are more than ready to plug Richmond into the left tackle spot on its experience-laden 2016 offense.
Richmond was the first-team left tackle this spring for the Volunteers, showcasing great improvement on quarterback Joshua Dobbs' blind side after a year on the sidelines. Richmond has the size, skill and now the confidence to be a game-changing bookend for what should be a strong Tennessee attack.

We are simply FILTHY with talent across the board. 2016 is our year Nation.

Go Vols

Reactions: 2 people
Drew Richmond, Tennessee
Last year, Tennessee had the luxury of redshirting Drew Richmond, who was the third-best offensive tackle in the class of 2015. This year, the Volunteers are more than ready to plug Richmond into the left tackle spot on its experience-laden 2016 offense.
Richmond was the first-team left tackle this spring for the Volunteers, showcasing great improvement on quarterback Joshua Dobbs' blind side after a year on the sidelines. Richmond has the size, skill and now the confidence to be a game-changing bookend for what should be a strong Tennessee attack.

We are simply FILTHY with talent across the board. 2016 is our year Nation.

Go Vols

LWS read this? :)

Uhhh...P Williams was a 5 star....I dont care what any retarded journalist says...he was one our most productive receivers his first frikin year here...lol ...i mean cmon...lol

Uhhh...P Williams was a 5 star....I dont care what any retarded journalist says...he was one our most productive receivers his first frikin year here...lol ...i mean cmon...lol

Productive as in touchdowns, yea I guess so. P Willy had 2 td's, but he only had 7 catches on the year...

Not trying to be a Debbie downer cause I think he'll be one of the SEC's best this year and our most targeted receiver.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

I know, right? I don't care what those stupid journalists say either.....I say John Kelly was the best RB in the SEC, a lot better than Fournette. Shoot, I say he led the country in rushing......

P. Willy is an absolute freak of nature. He makes it look so easy. From what I saw last year is appears that Dobbs has confidence in him too.

PWilly could be great this year no doubt...but am I the only one who remembers all the balls he dropped?!? Not to mention his fumble on the 10 yard line at Arkansas pretty much cost us the game. Not knocking him at all just pointing out that he wasn't necessarily great in his first season.

Preston Williams will have a season this year like Dwayne Jarrett had as a sophomore.

1,000+ yards receiving. 10+ TDs. Consensus All-American.

That is all possible with this kid.

Depends on which recruiting site he's using. I think Rivals had him as a 4 star.

Preston Williams will have a season this year like Dwayne Jarrett had as a sophomore.

So reading all your posts, looks like we'll have 6 or 7 All Americans this year? Ok then

No one doubts that he has more than enough talent and mindset to hit those numbers.....not that stats mean anything of course.

However, he plays WR for Tennessee so it's highly unlikely. I'd be thrilled if he gets to 50-55 catches and 700-750 yards and 6-7 tds.

OP: I appreciate you bringing these articles to VN. It's great to be able to come to one place for articles referencing the VOLS. Its great you take the time to start the thread and quote the relevant info. KEEP IT UP!

Dobbs
Hurd
Preston
Barnett
Kirkland
Sutton
Berry (returner)

All 7 will be All-Americans.

If there was EVER ANY WAY for you to monetize your various predictions, statements and prognostications...?

You'd make Bill Gates look like a Pauper...

With this teams "run 1st" mentality, coupled with how often the wr's cycle out I'm not sure that any 1 WR will have enough catches per game to have a 1,000yd year. Would have to be astonishingly productive to get that kind of number in this offense IMO.

The leading recvr IF the passing game is improved will prob have 600-700yds. Prob will avg 4-5 catches/50yds per game.

I just figure this offense will be closer to 60/40 in favor of the run. In that 40% Kamara/Hurd/Kelly will get a decent chunk of it. (especially AK) what's left will be divided up between a big rotation of wr's.

In say, 14 games at 50yds per game, that's 700yds. Could have a few games to where that WR has a better day but enough to make it to 1,000yds? Am I crazy for thinking even with improvement in the passing game and having at least a couple elite "go to" wr's that it'll be hard to top 700yds for the leading recvr? I may be???

VN Store

Back