Butch Jones: Shy Tuttle will be ‘touch and go’ in practice

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Butch Jones: Shy Tuttle will be ?touch and go? in practice

"Shy Tuttle is progressing," Jones said. "He'll be limited in August camp. We have to do a great job of making sure he's in shape, but he's been cleared to run. He's worked exceptionally hard, but it's going to be touch and go every day. It's going to be how his body works to heal. Every day, we'll know a little something more. We anticipate him being ready for the first game, but we'll see how that goes."

O'Brian, Vickers, and Kongbo are going to have to carry the load till King Tut is 100% I expect Shy to be back to his old self around October.

Reactions: 14 people

"Shy Tuttle is progressing," Jones said. "He'll be limited in August camp. We have to do a great job of making sure he's in shape, but he's been cleared to run. He's worked exceptionally hard, but it's going to be touch and go every day. It's going to be how his body works to heal. Every day, we'll know a little something more. We anticipate him being ready for the first game, but we'll see how that goes."

O'Brian, Vickers, and Kongbo are going to have to carry the load till King Tut is 100% I expect Shy to be back to his old self around October.
Forgetting KMac?

Reactions: 5 people
Have we not learned anything from the lawsuit ordeal? Touch and go? No one should be touching anything in Knoxville... jeez.

Reactions: 7 people
Ready for the first game, but hopefully not in the rotation until we need him in SEC play. We have plenty of playmakers and depth to keep him on the bench until then. Don't want him to have the chance to get injured in OOC games.

We saw the impact that had last year with Maggitt getting hurt so early. His presence in a few series last year could have been the difference maker in a couple of games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people

Hope he's ready for Florida. 10 or 12 plays at least. Can't wait to see big # 2! GBO!!

Reactions: 3 people
Makes me sick they put that cheap shot GA o-lineman on first team SEC. I hope Shy goes after him with a vengeance.

Reactions: 8 people
Makes me sick they put that cheap shot GA o-lineman on first team SEC. I hope Shy goes after him with a vengeance.
CRNqyUlWIAAHepZ.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

I'm sure he'll have a serendipitous injury that will be a 'game time decision' where they determine he can't play for the UT game.

Reactions: 2 people
I would love to have him back for the Florida game...

But I really want him back and in revenge mode for the Georgia game.

Reactions: 6 people
One thing I can say with pretty good confidence is that Butch never puts anybody on the field until they are ready to go if he can help it.

Reactions: 4 people
Ready for the first game, but hopefully not in the rotation until we need him in SEC play. We have plenty of playmakers and depth to keep him on the bench until then. Don't want him to have the chance to get injured in OOC games.

We saw the impact that had last year with Maggitt getting hurt so early. His presence in a few series last year could have been the difference maker in a couple of games.
I agree.
I would like to see him heal properly. We need him down that tough stretch in October. Additionally, I want him healthy long term. He can be a big factor for us for the next 3 years, not just this year. I hope and know that CBJ and staff have his best interest in mind.

Reactions: 3 people
Shy's injury was severe and included a broken tibia as well as ligament damage in his ankle. I understand this compound injury makes it even harder to recover from.
Good Luck Shy
Go Vols

No. How about pancaking him on every UGA offensive play, sacking / rushing their QB and beating them like the dogs they are 42-0?

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know if it was ever discussed but did he qualify for a RS or did he even pursue one? Seems like he should and could have gotten one.

Sickening

The sickening part is no flag on the play, no reprimand by his coaching staff, nothing from the SEC after UT brought it to their attention.

By the way, he's a first team preseason SEC guy, may as well give him a medal! :censored:

VN Store

Back