UF looks to spoil TN's season

Neyland Law Vol

Article about how UF hopes to wreck TN's season once again. I hate the gators!

They’re lurking in darkness, waiting to chomp an old rival’s dreams.

They’re the defending SEC East champions, eager to rock Rocky Top once more.

Remember Florida?

Gators have become comfortable playing the football-swiping Lucy to the Volunteers’ Charlie Brown.

Death. Taxes. Frosty cold ones on fall Saturdays.

Tennessee losing to Florida.

Swamped again? Gators could spoil Vols' season of great expectations

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
95c3dddce54d670adfc672db1103f000.jpg

Reactions: 45 people
Until I see zero's on the clock, I can't feel optimistic about this game. I've been burned 11years in a row thinking we could beat them.

Reactions: 12 people
Until I see zero's on the clock, I can't feel optimistic about this game. I've been burned 11years in a row thinking we could beat them.

Did you really think Tennessee was going to beat Florida from 2007-2011? We were heavy underdogs in all of those games.

Reactions: 5 people
Did you really think Tennessee was going to beat Florida from 2007-2011? We were heavy underdogs in all of those games.

I always think we had a chance. There is a mental thing there and until I see us actually beat them, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I always think we had a chance. There is a mental thing there and until I see us actually beat them, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Come on now. All these years you have been optimistic and this is the year you're gonna suppress your hopes.

We will either win or lose, and how you feel about it won't impact the outcome. Start the party now, it's more fun. And if someway or somehow it doesn't end the way we want it to(crazier things have happened) it's gonna hurt no matter how you feel about it today.

And we are going to win, we are an improving team from last year, the gators are trying to bring back the magic of last year's 4th qtr. Not gonna happen.

Playing the spoiler to our season is the only bright spot to their year. Sure their coach is gonna talk repeat(he has to), but the rest of the team and all the gator fans are living to spoil our season.

Luck can't even help the gators this year, be prepared to take your overdue AW.

Reactions: 11 people
FWIW, I think you win this year. Ironically, this may the the year where Florida starts slow and gets better as the year goes on. The game being early this year hurts UF's chances, whereas it has helped us the last several. Slow starts have been the m.o. for UT the last five years, but this year, with the experience you have, you might be stronger early.

Reactions: 14 people
why should this year be any different than any other season? There are plenty of florida games we could have won--but we almost always don't. Fans who think we're just going to roll over florida are apt to be disappointed...again. I hope we do, but I've seen the Vols f--k up far too many florida games.....

Reactions: 7 people
FWIW, I think you win this year. Ironically, this may the the year where Florida starts slow and gets better as the year goes on. The game being early this year hurts UF's chances, whereas it has helped us the last several. Slow starts have been the m.o. for UT the last five years, but this year, with the experience you have, you might be stronger early.

You have a point.
With all of our turmoil, seems like we have been in constant rebuild.
This'll be the first year in a while where we are the veterans.

This. Agree 100%

Donkey Teeth is a great coach - UF should easily win the East again.

Reactions: 4 people

I completely agree. People who feel its a curse are idiots. We have not been good and they have been. We lost last year as prolly an equal to them. Remember they lost one sec game last year.

For the last 4 years I have thought we "should" win. This year we will win. It won't even be close. They will hang in for 1 1/2 quarters on adrenaline and then we will pull away and never look back. They try and rally mid 3rd quarter but fail. We win by 21.

Reactions: 5 people
Pressure is all on Florida to keep this up. I don't think our team fears them anymore since we've come so close the last two years. I know as a fan I don't fear them. The only thing I fear is some fluky fourth quarter play that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

Reactions: 1 person
Our defense will be facing one of these QBs:

UF QB Harris to Transfer
Del Rio threw just 18 career passes at Oregon State before transferring. Appleby has thrown as many touchdowns as interceptions (19) in his career and couldn't keep his job at Purdue. It's not exactly an ideal situation if McElwain hopes to repeat as SEC East champs.

damn skippy...:rock::rock:

GO VOLS!

why should this year be any different than any other season? There are plenty of florida games we could have won--but we almost always don't. Fans who think we're just going to roll over florida are apt to be disappointed...again. I hope we do, but I've seen the Vols f--k up far too many florida games.....

#120 seems to be different. The way JRM described how they were going to just keep grinding. The team is serious about being great. How great will they be? I'm got a vibe from the Captains at the SEC MD, that this team is different and is going to great.

I give Freak credit for Volnation. I'm more informed about the team than in the past, a media guide used to be my source.

#120 will make mistakes and put on more steam.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back