Proud to have Butch Jones as our coach

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
While I contemplate this and that on this early Sunday morning, I think about all the bad things happening around us. But it gives me great comfort to know there is a man like CBJ leading the young men on our football team, who leads by example for them and all of us. It is known that he sometimes wears a bracelet with the verse from Nehemiah 2:18 which says:

"And I told them of the hand of my God that had been upon me for good, and also of the words that the king had spoken to me. And they said, “Let us rise up and build.” So they strengthened their hands for the good work."

I love the Lord and I love Tennessee football. It makes me feel so good to know my coach feels the same way.

tennessee-v-western-kentucky-f6eadfa9f4e055f9.jpg

Reactions: 55 people
I too am proud of Coach Jones. His belief in an antiquated religion has absolutely nothing to do with it. Some of us are capable of good without the threat of eternal damnation.

Reactions: 26 people
I too am proud of Coach Jones. His belief in an antiquated religion has absolutely nothing to do with it. Some of us are capable of good without the threat of eternal damnation.

Cool. Didn't realize the age of a religion determined its viability. So, what's new?

The minute you lay on the Divine's back no matter which or what Divinity It is a football program, a coach, or a game you do It a disservice IMO. My example and not wishing it occurs and totally hypothetical, were CBJ to somehow falter or be caught in a situation not meeting the standards of some folk's faith, OP and his faith would look pretty silly. We see this daily as "youth ministers" and other pastors and preachers make the news regularly doing stuff on Monday they tell everybody else they're going to hell for on Sunday. Just stop mixing faith with football and football programs. The Divine is not a loser, don't try to make Him/Her/It one please.

Reactions: 10 people
Stay strong OP and they'll get tired and go sacrifice their goats...after properly defiling them, of course. :yuck:

Reactions: 6 people

The OP didn't insult your atheism so why are you insulting his faith?

Reactions: 48 people
The minute you lay on the Divine's back no matter which or what Divinity It is a football program, a coach, or a game you do It a disservice IMO. My example and not wishing it occurs and totally hypothetical, were CBJ to somehow falter or be caught in a situation not meeting the standards of some folk's faith, OP and his faith would look pretty silly. We see this daily as "youth ministers" and other pastors and preachers make the news regularly doing stuff on Monday they tell everybody else they're going to hell for on Sunday. Just stop mixing faith with football and football programs. The Divine is not a loser, don't try to make Him/Her/It one please.

"Doin stuff" does not get you to hell nor to Heaven. Accepting or not accepting Jesus Christ as saviour takes care of that situation.

Reactions: 23 people

I think you missed OP's point. OP like myself is proud to have CBJ leading our program because he SEEMS to be a good man with good morals and values. WE are all just men compared to our Lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST. A coach like CBJ or Dabo Swinney wears their faith on their sleeve. NO Human is perfect and WE all make mistakes and Sin everyday including myself, Pastors, Ministers, you etc...........

Keep fighting the Good Fight CBJ. I've got your back.

:good!:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 17 people

^This guy^:bash:

While I contemplate this and that on this early Sunday morning, I think about all the bad things happening around us. But it gives me great comfort to know there is a man like CBJ leading the young men on our football team, who leads by example for them and all of us. It is known that he sometimes wears a bracelet with the verse from Nehemiah 2:18 which says:

"And I told them of the hand of my God that had been upon me for good, and also of the words that the king had spoken to me. And they said, “Let us rise up and build.” So they strengthened their hands for the good work."

I love the Lord and I love Tennessee football. It makes me feel so good to know my coach feels the same way.

tennessee-v-western-kentucky-f6eadfa9f4e055f9.jpg

Thanks for reminding us all of the integrity of CBJ. Beautiful verse on persevering. We live and grow together (wheat and the tares). I love that we are seeing people of faith rise up and move forward speaking out regardless of what the world says and not being intimidated by foolishness. As Paul said, "To those who are perishing the cross is foolishness". Have a blessed Lord's Day....

The OP didn't insult your atheism so why are you insulting his faith?

If you ever find an atheist who doesn't want to chime in with some smart *** response every time God is brought up, let me know.

They have to show how smart they are compared to everyone else.

Reactions: 18 people
"Doin stuff" does not get you to hell nor to Heaven. Accepting or not accepting Jesus Christ as saviour takes care of that situation.

You beat me to it....This is where the Grace of God is totally misunderstood. Great word my dear brother...Great word!

Reactions: 4 people
If you ever find an atheist who doesn't want to chime in with some smart *** response every time God is brought up, let me know.

They have to show how smart they are compared to everyone else.
I think of the verse..."At the name of JESUS EVERY KNEE shall bow and EVERY tongue shall confess THAT JESUS IS LORD both in heaven and earth"...and the word EVERY is translated EVERY....

Reactions: 3 people

Antiquated religion? Yeah, those 10 commandments thingies are outdated and nobody should pay any attention to them.....things like don't murder people, don't steal stuff, honor and respect your mother and father, be faithful to your wife....why, what good would living your life by all that outdated nonsense do you you?

Seems op has learned the hard way. You don't talk about religion in the football forum. It's almost as bad as attempting to present a slideshow as a video.

Reactions: 3 people
I dont care if he wears a quote from the Torah if it helps us beat Florida.

Reactions: 11 people

Ahhh, Scientology. Get your thetan levels checked, double your dose (write a bigger check to the church of Scientology) and go away. :crazy:

Reactions: 5 people
OP if CBJ was a devout Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Rastafarian or any other religion but Christian would you feel the same way?

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back