The unthinkable..

Pacer92

Youneverknow
Early 4th quarter, UT is up 20-13 against UF, and has a 2nd and goal from the Gator 6 yd line...

Dobbs takes the snap and rides Hurd into the line as multiple Gators converge on the dive play. At the last possible moment of deception Dobbs pulls the ball away as he sees the DE crashing into Hurd. Like so many times before, there is an opening to the right side of the line as Dobbs escapes to daylight. All blocks are sealed as he gallops towards a coffin nailing touchdown. Just prior to crossing the goal line an eager and defiant Gator defender releases from a block and with a last gasp effort dives towards the end zone bound Dobbs. Simultaneously, as Dobbs right leg sets footing over the goal line, the Gator defenders helmet meets the side of Dobbs right knee, tearing the ACL of the Vols Senior QB...

Most vol fans don't want to imagine such a tragic scene, but we all know, it's in the realm of possibilities and in the back of most fan's minds...

Thoughts of where the game and season go from that point.....who is next up and what impact, if any, they have going forward?

Reactions: 2 people
Well, it's unthinkable to ALMOST everyone.

How about just "what if we need a backup to play"?

Early 4th quarter, UT is up 20-13 against UF, and has a 2nd and goal from the Gator 6 yd line...

Dobbs takes the snap and rides Hurd into the line as multiple Gators converge on the dive play. At the last possible moment of deception Dobbs pulls the ball away as he sees the DE crashing into Hurd. Like so many times before, there is an opening to the right side of the line as Dobbs escapes to daylight. All blocks are sealed as he gallops towards a coffin nailing touchdown. Just prior to crossing the goal line an eager and defiant Gator defender releases from a block and with a last gasp effort dives towards the end zone bound Dobbs. Simultaneously, as Dobbs right leg sets footing over the goal line, the Gator defenders helmet meets the side of Dobbs right knee, tearing the ACL of the Vols Senior QB...

Most vol fans don't want to imagine such a tragic scene, but we all know, it's in the realm of possibilities and in the back of most fan's minds...

Thoughts of where the game and season go from that point.....who is next up and what impact, if any, they have going forward?

There's better ways to spend a Friday night.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
If Dobbs goes down Dormady steps up imo. It would be a huge blow but considering we have the best one two punch in all of CFB at RB I think we would survive.

Reactions: 5 people

The backkup comes in and either proves his worth or he's crushed by the weight of it all.

...is that what you were looking for?

Bonus question: are you NOT taking your anti-depressants?

Reactions: 1 person
If Dobbs goes down Dormady steps up imo. It would be a huge blow but considering we have the best one two punch in all of CFB at RB I think we would survive.

Dobbs takes a lot of hits. I think we've been fortunate to this point. I do not want to lose him and think of the possibilities if that did happen...

He is the face and the star of this team...would definitely affect this team tremendously...

How much drop off to the next guy, if any? 2-3 wins?

Reactions: 1 person
hqdefault.jpg
OP

You sure know how to make the unthinkable thinkable.

We kick the extra point, go up 27-13; ko team causes a fumble/recover/td and we win 34-14.

As for the season, we march on to 14-1 Nat'l Champions with Dormady and SJones -- Dobbs, holding trophy, makes his NC speech, praising the Fans, Coach Jones and Team 120 for enduring just like he knew they could.

Dobbs takes a lot of hits. I think we've been fortunate to this point. I do not want to lose him and think of the possibilities if that did happen...

He is the face and the star of this team...would definitely affect this team tremendously...

How much drop off to the next guy, if any? 2-3 wins?

I think this account has been hijacked.

VN Store

Back