Battle at Bristol questions

Giveem6

I joined the dark side
Hey volnation!!! Hope all is well on this hot, hot Sunday but we are closing in fast on the most exciting season I can remember in 15 years!

I'm sure this has been discussed and I have thumbed through multiple threads, but cannot find answers to a couple questions I have about the largest football game to ever take place!

*mods merge if necessary

So there are 7 of us going. I was not able to get tickets through the raffles that have taken place and will be getting my tix through stubhub (yes it's expensive! But worth it!)

We have our hotel in Abingdon so that's a go! Now to my questions.

1. None of us have ever been to Bristol so any suggestions on seating would be very appreciative!

2. Parking/camping passes. I have a buddy that wants to get a camping pass but he's not sure how to come by this. I saw on stubhub camping and parking passes but not sure if that's for a day or a couple days. Any incite here would be awesome!

3. Where to tailgate. Exactly! Where the hell do we tailgate! Lol gonna be prepared to bring a couple grills and plenty of food and 🍻🍻.

4. Any other things that I missed or some advice would be greatly appreciated!! We are looking forward to kicking ass and watching the vols all season!!!

Thanks again volnation! #GBO

Reactions: 3 people
Im going and I know as much about it as you do. Lol. I figure if all else fails, drink more beer.

Reactions: 2 people
As far as Game day parking you need to contact the race way and they can help. Should be able to tailgate at said parking area. There are a few independent places such as nearby churches etc but most of the up close parking is contracted through the Racetrack. As to seats, doubt if any are ideal but you will be there and that is what counts. Bring your binoculars or just watch the big monster screen over the field. GBO
:hi:

Call Lady equipment on volunteer Pkwy I know they still had some camping spots left a few weeks ago..also check shadrack camping their sign still says spots available.. Also Abingdon is a good little town (I work there) lol they are doing a lot of construction on the interstate near Abingdon so allow time for that

Reactions: 1 person
Call Lady equipment on volunteer Pkwy I know they still had some camping spots left a few weeks ago..also check shadrack camping their sign still says spots available.. Also Abingdon is a good little town (I work there) lol they are doing a lot of construction on the interstate near Abingdon so allow time for that
Hey I will be there to lol... I sold you tix. Parking, restrooms and wifi not to mention it is right beside track. I got tailgating spots there... do they have only camping spots left?

I'm really not sure to be honest..this is the number from their Facebook (423) 571-3782 I can see the track from the front of my apartment so I'll just be walking over haha wish I had room for some fellow vols

Last edited:
All American Campground or Earhart campground. Turns 3 and 4 for All American and 1 and 2 for Earhart. There is also free parking off of hwy 394 behind the drag strip. Tailgating will be everywhere honestly. They will probably run trams like they do for NASCAR.

I'm really not sure to be honest..this is the number from their Facebook (423) 571-3782 I can see the track from the front of my apartment so I'll just be walking over haha wish I had room for some fellow vols
How about I crash at your place after game lol. You will not have a worry in world after game to get home.

Last edited:
Hey volnation!!! Hope all is well on this hot, hot Sunday but we are closing in fast on the most exciting season I can remember in 15 years!

1. None of us have ever been to Bristol so any suggestions on seating would be very appreciative!

2. Parking/camping passes. I have a buddy that wants to get a camping pass but he's not sure how to come by this. I saw on stubhub camping and parking passes but not sure if that's for a day or a couple days. Any incite here would be awesome!

3. Where to tailgate. Exactly! Where the hell do we tailgate! Lol gonna be prepared to bring a couple grills and plenty of food and 🍻🍻.

4. Any other things that I missed or some advice would be greatly appreciated!! We are looking forward to kicking ass and watching the vols all season!!!

Thanks again volnation! #GBO

1) Honestly, anyone who gives you seating advice is merely guessing. Bristol has never really hosted a game like this, so it's pretty much a crapshoot. In my opinion, the atmosphere will be worth it no matter the seat.

2) Real camping passes (like RV) are pretty much all but gone from NASCAR priority. If you have a buddy that wants to camp the night before instead of staying at your hotel, he just needs to show up early. There are tent campgrounds all around that stadium, and there will be plenty of spots for those who are early. The track regularly hosts 180k, so this isn't our of the norm for it.

3) Everywhere

4) Wear orange and enjoy the experience. This is a new event, so it will be new to everyone. There's a small chance it will never happen again, so enjoy it!

Reactions: 2 people
Has anyone received there tickets for Bristol from UT yet? The last email I got said we should get them by the 16th but I did not get mine yesterday.

Hubby and I were just talking about when we would get our tickets. He heard end of July or first part of August. So excited and cannot wait for this game. GO VOLS!!!!

Just look at Google Maps of BMS. All that flat land you see is tailgate territory. You could start on the outside at sunup and maybe work your way to the stadium by kickoff. Pacing yourself will be the biggest thing. Been to many races where you see lots of guys passed out in tents or lawn chairs. Get so drunk they never even make it inside. Also have a plan to pass the time after the game. That many people leaving at once will completely gridlock that area. Be prepared to go back to the car and hang out.

1. Your hotel in Abingdon is roughly 30 minutes from Bristol Motor Speedway.

2. Any seats should be fine, shouldn't have any trouble seeing the field from any seat.

3. For parking/camping check out Earhart Campground Homepage, it is directly beside and across the street from BMS. Most likely their camping and parking is first come first serve. Camping is normally one price for the entire week for races, parking normally runs about $20-30 per vehicle.

4. You should be able to tailgate almost anywhere, if there are any grilling/cooking restrictions they would be on BMS property only, all private property (campgrounds) you shouldn't have any restrictions.

5. Prepare to arrive early. Traffic is a headache, tons of pedestrian traffic, don't be in a hurry to leave after the game, PD normally holds all lots in the vicinity of the track for 30 minutes to an hour after major events. Consider ordering any game merchandise online from BMS, quantites are limited on certain items.

I called the speedway a few weeks ago asking about parking passes.. They said they didn't have any currently but we're planning to release more. I joined a mailing list that's supposed to keep me informed on when they will be released. I'd imagine that info on camping spots would be on the mailing list as well. But you're best bet is just to give the speedway a call.

VN Store

Back