linemen leaving? (Blair and Raulerson)

aredfox28

imma 5 star
Seems like raulerson and Blair are leaving? That sucks, guess they weren't gonna see much playing time..

Reactions: 1 person
Of course this happens after someone dug up that jinx thread the other day about us not losing players this off season.

Good luck young men. Next man up. Why would you leave before this season? Doesn't make sense. I would want to be a part of this in any way possible.

Reactions: 2 people
Blair was an out of shape BUST! Fact! Good luck and goodby! :salute:

Guys, it's recruiting season and they were not starting.
Sometimes these things are mutual.

Thank them for choosing us and let's see what happens

Reactions: 21 people
Some people get recruited over and buried in the depth chart and don't understand the concept of "team". If I were them I would've at least hung around to win an SEC and possibly a National Championship to get a ring. Now they get nothing to show for it.

Some people get recruited over and buried in the depth chart and don't understand the concept of "team". If I were them I would've at least hung around to win an SEC and possibly a National Championship to get a ring. Now they get nothing to show for it.

Some of them are processed. Its not really their choice. They are advised its in their best interest to move on as the staff needs to make room for new blood.

Reactions: 4 people

I admire their desire to play the game.
I got no beef.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
We don't need quitters on this football team. Good riddance.

That's nice, these guys busted their ass off in practice, and just want a chance to play, and knew it wasn't gonna happen here, so their going somewhere else.. And you gotta be a jerk about it and can't thank them, or wish them luck. What an asshat.

Reactions: 36 people
ummmmm......I'm guessing they didn't just up and quit. We are singing 25...or more this year. Room has to be made. I would bet that both of them already know what school (lower tier, so they can play immediately) that they are going to.

Some of them are processed. Its not really their choice. They are advised its in their best interest to move on as the staff needs to make room for new blood.

Why would a senior get processed? To open a scholarship for a walk-on? Maybe they both just saw the writing on the wall. This will be Blair's final year to play. Raulerson may want a better opportunity to be a starter somewhere. Good luck to them both.

Why would a senior get processed? To open a scholarship for a walk-on? Maybe they both just saw the writing on the wall. This will be Blair's final year to play. Raulerson may want a better opportunity to be a starter somewhere. Good luck to them both.

I did say some of them.

That's nice, these guys busted their ass off in practice, and just want a chance to play, and knew it wasn't gonna happen here, so their going somewhere else.. And you gotta be a jerk about it and can't thank them, or wish them luck. What an asshat.

They knew they would have to bust their ass off to earn playing time like a school at Tennessee. Whatever the reasoning was for quitting, that's their business and I do wish them luck. But if they knew playing time wasn't going to be easy to obtain when they first enrolled, why come here in the first place? They could have easily went somewhere else that they had a better chance at getting playing time. That's the way I see it and I'm sorry if you have a problem with it.

Last edited:
They knew they would have to bust their ass off to earn playing time like a school at Tennessee. Whatever the reasoning was for quitting, that's their business and I do wish them luck. But if they knew playing time wasn't going to be easy to obtain when they first enrolled, why come here in the first place? They could have easily went somewhere where they had a better chance at getting playing time. That's the way I see it and I'm sorry if you have a problem with it.

I'd bet as part of the recruiting process the staff tends to tell them how great it is playing at UT. Sells them on being a star. Being a kid they are going to coach up and lots of reps and playing time. It doesn't always play out like advertised.

Reactions: 4 people
I'd bet as part of the recruiting process the staff tends to tell them how great it is playing at UT. Sells them on being a star. Being a kid they are going to coach up and lots of reps and playing time. It doesn't always play out like advertised.

Every school does that.

Reactions: 2 people
It is being reported that Vol OLinemen Dontavius Blair and Ray Raulerson are leaving the team.
Probably just as well that they go. Neither was edging toward a starting position; and we can always use the two freed up scollys.
Good Luck to Both!

VN Store

Back