SC Paper previews TN 2016

Neyland Law Vol

This is the local Charleston sports writer. He previews TN from a SC perspective. Of course he gets into the lawsuit, and gets a few shots in at us:

On paper, it looks like a squad that should battle Georgia for the East. Of course, this is a team (and a coaching staff) that’s been known to trip itself up, and everyone will keep one eye on the courtroom in addition to the field. All that aside, this team has enough to win 10 games for the first time since Philip Fulmer’s penultimate season in 2007.

on the game:

The Vols will enter off a bye week following a Florida-Georgia-A&M-Alabama stretch, so we’ll know by then whether this UT team is the real deal. If they are, watch out. We’ve seen what Dobbs can do, against a Gamecocks team better than this one promises to me. The needle on The Worry Meter whips back over to a nine.

Full article:

South Carolina football opponent previews, Week 8: Tennessee - Post and Courier

That's one thing butch as done very well. Beat the Gamecocks every year he has been at TN. 3 years in a row is the start of a streak and love to keep it going for a long time into the future. Living down here in SC this is an important game for me. I'll be going to Columbia for this game this year.

Reactions: 13 people
Best part about USCe...

go-cocks.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
After what Moosechump said after his gator win...wouldn't doubt Butch turning the dogs loose on his arse...all game long...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
I thought it was a good article. Everyone is going to talk about Title IX, because it is there.

I liked the part about knowing if Tennessee is for real by the time their game comes around.

My interpretation......"If they are for real, we're screwed".

Reactions: 3 people
Living in Charleston since 2008, it was unbearable when we lost to SC. It has been wonderful these past couple years under Butch, and seeing the fall of their program, and the rise of ours has been a joy as well. Now if we can just get a matchup with Clemson and beat them, I will be one happy camper in Chucktown.

Reactions: 5 people
Living in Charleston since 2008, it was unbearable when we lost to SC. It has been wonderful these past couple years under Butch, and seeing the fall of their program, and the rise of ours has been a joy as well. Now if we can just get a matchup with Clemson and beat them, I will be one happy camper in Chucktown.

The Clemson fans are loving the success they are having raiding the state of TN in recruiting. I really hope we keep them from getting Higgins.

I thought it was a good article. Everyone is going to talk about Title IX, because it is there.

I liked the part about knowing if Tennessee is for real by the time their game comes around.

My interpretation......"If they are for real, we're screwed".

I still don't know what bearing a frivolous lawsuit will have on the field this season as the suit is without merit.

Reactions: 1 person
After what Moosechump said after his gator win...wouldn't doubt Butch turning the dogs loose on his arse...all game long...:)

GO VOLS!

I can't stand Muschamp. I hope Butch destroys them every year.

For some reason he is talking like they have a legit shot at winning the east.

Muschamp:

“I don’t look at long-term goals,” Muschamp told a Gamecock Club gathering in April. “I am looking at this 2016 football season and trying to win the East and get to Atlanta. That is going to be our goal every single year that I am here, because that is realistic.

“That is where we ought to be. We ought to be competing to win the East.”

Will Muschamp believes South Carolina can be instant winners | Sports | albanyherald.com

LOL! :eek:lol::crazy:

Reactions: 2 people

Ive been here since 2008 as well, and these Clemson fans have been so obnoxious this past year! My dream scenario would be beating Clemson in the semis and beating Oklahoma for the championship.

Reactions: 5 people
Ive been here since 2008 as well, and these Clemson fans have been so obnoxious this past year! My dream scenario would be beating Clemson in the semis and beating Oklahoma for the championship.

And beating Bama during the regular season, then again in Atlanta. :)

Reactions: 3 people
I hope Butch hangs, at least, half a hundo on Coach Boom. After his comments in Neyland in 2014, I will thoroughly enjoy this beat down.

After hiscommentsin Neyland in 2014? You mean when he said he loved seeing all the vol fans disappointed? Oooooooooooo.....SO inflammatory!

It was a good laugh when they hired The Chump. Will be even more hilarious when our 3rd string continues to run up the score in Cocksville.

Reactions: 1 person
It was a good laugh when they hired The Chump. Will be even more hilarious when our 3rd string continues to run up the score in Cocksville.

the only thing i would say in retort is....it's not like he beat us at FL with top 5 teams ever year. he managed to beat us with some of the worst FL teams ever.

the only thing i would say in retort is....it's not like he beat us at FL with top 5 teams ever year. he managed to beat us with some of the worst FL teams ever.

So... you think he might beat us at SCAR with even less talent-- with a team that has lost the best players from a roster that went 3-9 last year? C'mon...

So... you think he might beat us at SCAR with even less talent-- with a team that has lost the best players from a roster that went 3-9 last year? C'mon...

no, that's not what i said.

Ditto did a summer in 2007 before my last semester at UT in fall of 07 and move Jan 2008!

VN Store

Back