Neyland still getting love from OU

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
Per Baker Mayfield, it's "unbelievable."

Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield talks revenge on Texas, missing baseball and more | AthlonSports.com

(Athlon) What stadium, other than your own, have you enjoyed playing in the most?

(Mayfield) You can’t beat the Cotton Bowl. There’s nothing like that. But last year when we went to play Tennessee in Neyland Stadium, that was probably the best game experience I’ve had and probably will ever have. That’s a different type of loud. I can’t even describe it. It was unbelievable.

I'd love to see a rematch, preferably in the Peach Bowl, Fiesta Bowl or in Tampa.

And beat the ever living snot out of them.

Reactions: 35 people
I'm SO glad he had such a GREAT time in Neyland...

underdog-lady-says-no-o.gif

Reactions: 9 people
Well, duh. Who can blame him? One of a kind experience. Just wish he had left the field with a little different memory.

I hope Florida and Bama provide the same type of atmosphere this year and that i'm able to attend. I grew up going to a game every now and then in the late 90's and early 00's. I went to most games in 2013 and have had season tix going on my 3rd year now. The OU game was unreal. Easily the best atmosphere I have experienced in Neyland. It was loud the entire time, no breaks. Chants starting seemingly without provocation. The GA game last year was fun, but OU takes the cake. I can only imagine what the atmosphere was like during our dominant times.

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 5 people
Can't be right according to many UT "fans" here, Neyland is a library and only holds 102,455.

Best Neyland atmosphere I've ever been in since 1972. Sucked to lose and lose that way, but what's place and checkerboards to boot. Special.

Bet they're super glad they don't play us this year-- in Neyland or anywhere else.

That was an amazing game experience-- until the 4Q.

I'm biased but nowhere I've been even comes close to Neyland Stadium. Best stadium ever! Are you here yet Sept 1st?

You like to play gotcha.However , the FF bowls do rotate and the Sugar Bowl is more prestigious than the peach bowl.

Okay, let me rephrase...

The Peach Bowl is one of the playoff venues for the 2016-17 season. As is the Fiesta Bowl.

So yes, I'd love to stomp a mudhole in the Sooner's backside in the Peach Bowl this season.

You like to play gotcha.However , the FF bowls do rotate and the Sugar Bowl is more prestigious than the peach bowl.

Very definitely. The Peach Bowl was a third rate bowl behind a couple of second rate bowls like the Gator. Music City and so on are consolation prizes for playing - participation awards. At least, before we started playing feel good "national championship" games.

Peach bowl is big time now that ATL has the new Mercedes Benz stadium. Will be a premier bowl game going forward.

VN Store

Back