5 Vols named Athlon preseason All-Americans

kamoshika

Tennessee's five representatives across the four squads ties them for the fourth most in the country and third in the SEC, trailing only Alabama (8) and LSU (6). The Vols have three first-team selections -- tied with Florida State for the second most behind Alabama's four -- one third-teamer and one fourth-team choice.

Junior Derek Barnett (defensive end) landed on the All-American first team defense. Additionally, the nation's top returning kick returners in junior Evan Berry (kickoff) and senior Cameron Sutton (punt) rounded out UT's first team selections as special teams picks. Senior Jalen Reeves-Maybin (linebacker) was placed on the third team defense, and junior Jalen Hurd (running back) was a fourth team offensive selection.

Five Vols Named Athlon Preseason All-Americans - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

Reactions: 13 people
When is the last time Tennessee had 3 preseason 1st team all-Americans?

Don't know about preseason but we had 3 postseason in 1999: Raynoch Thompson, Deon Grant & Cosey Coleman.

Reactions: 2 people
I want to punch Athlon in the face right now...

JK Scott (Alabama) - 1st team pre-season all-american

2015 -

70 punts, 44.2 average. 25 inside of the 20. Long of 59.

Trevor Daniel (aka Daniel Lincoln)

2015 -

60 punts, 45.7 average. 25 inside of the 20. Long of 61.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

2015 -

Daniel Lincoln (not listed)

2015 -

Don't you mean Trevor Daniel? Pretty sure Daniel Lincoln is a navy seal by now.

Reactions: 3 people

2015 -

Daniel Lincoln (not listed)

2015 -

Daniel Lincoln???

Did I fall through a time rift? :)

Reactions: 1 person
Don't you mean Trevor Daniel? Pretty sure Daniel Lincoln is a navy seal by now.

Robin-Williams-What-Year-Is-It-Jumanji.gif

Reactions: 8 people
This is great. Just hope we prove our worthiness on the field this year and win the close ones that we lost last year!

2015 -

Trevor Daniel (aka Daniel Lincoln)

2015 -

Scott had 10 more punts to average in and the avg per punt is only a little over 3 yards difference, inside the 20 the same and longest very little difference.

Oh, look, Cam Robinson is 1st team. Good thing he skipped that whole felony thing.

What are the chances Sutton gets AA honors at 2 different positions? I couldn't find it anywhere and was curious but I would like to know how often that has been accomplished, if ever.

I have to admit, it's nice actually having the caliber of player that is recognized nationally again. Should be a special season. Can't wait. I don't give much stock to preseason anything generally. I'd rather see half the team receive postseason all-American accolades

He read all these posts and now he is leaving. Are you happy now?

IMO no kid deserves it less than young Mr. Bain who has been singled out by this coaching staff for his efforts during 2016 spring practice. If he gets on the field and contributes this year there are a very large contingent of VN posters who will be exposed for their display of public asshattery.

VN Store

Back