Refreshing

WildTurkey

frank
Sorry in advance if there have been other threads like this, I didn't search...

Feels good to be back in the national conversation again. This offseason talk of SEC East title and potential championship run is what every offseason was like during the 90s.

Hope Butch and Co. can capitalize on the positive press and fulfill expectations. Truly think that if they have that kind of year in 2016, the future is really bright.

Fla, UGA, A&M, Bama in 4 straight weeks. At least 2-2 in those games I believe will get us to Atlanta and be a tremendous year. The other 8 games should be Ws.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Feels good to be back in the national conversation again. This offseason talk of SEC East title and potential championship run is what every offseason was like during the 90s.

Hope Butch and Co. can capitalize on the positive press and fulfill expectations. Truly think that if they have that kind of year in 2016, the future is really bright.

Fla, UGA, A&M, Bama in 4 straight weeks. At least 2-2 in those games I believe will get us to Atlanta and be a tremendous year. The other 8 games should be Ws.

NOPE! First I've heard of it.

Reactions: 5 people
Some are overwhelmed and don't remember how to behave. Others have never experienced the feeling and are haveing trouble too.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Yes it is. It changes a lot of things. When Butch pulled the kid from North Augusta, SC, the other day I really enjoyed Facebooking my son with the link. He lives in North Augusta. My grandson goes to school with the recruit. In years past it would have been, "Oh, we got a so-so player the Gamecocks didn't want." Now it's like, "We pulled one from right under their noses, not to mention all the name schools who wanted him."

Reactions: 1 person
Some are overwhelmed and don't remember how to behave. Others have never experienced the feeling and are haveing trouble too.

Go Vols!

I totally agree. The range of expression throughout VN threads has never been wilder! Looks like a good year, maybe a great one! GBO!

Having become a fan in 2010 when I became a freshman I don't quite know how to feel.

Attachments

• 11QE3tR.png
    11QE3tR.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 484
Reactions: 2 people
I am laughing how much highlights vs Kensucky we have on that video. Amateurs. You think we kicked the **** out of them last year 52-16.... It's going to be like 70-0 this year..

I am laughing how much highlights vs Kensucky we have on that video. Amateurs. You think we kicked the **** out of them last year 52-16.... It's going to be like 70-0 this year..

I agree. UK might as well focus on basketball. Football is a waste of time for them. Louisville will beat the snot out of them too.

Having become a fan in 2010 when I became a freshman I don't quite know how to feel.

Watch this and you'l understand how we all felt, all throughout the 90's, especially, and you'll also understand why many of us long so much to have these days back. Embrace the insanity, buckle up, and just enjoy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQnoU3qf1s[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people

Fire the scheduler ! :crazy:

it'll be more refreshing to be talking about a win on 9-25. get the season going in the right direction....have something TANGIBLE to talk about.....that's what i want!!!

I love the excitement, the hype and hope of greatness. I think it's justified and well deserved.

What I do not like at all is how quickly it turns to entitlement and demand.

As a commonly-known in these parts football coach has often said, "winning is very fragile."

As soon as they come out and lay an egg, catch a bad break or just flat out get beat by a team that happened to be better that day, the tables turn and the mattresses burn.

Last edited:
Yes it is. It changes a lot of things. When Butch pulled the kid from North Augusta, SC, the other day I really enjoyed Facebooking my son with the link. He lives in North Augusta. My grandson goes to school with the recruit. In years past it would have been, "Oh, we got a so-so player the Gamecocks didn't want." Now it's like, "We pulled one from right under their noses, not to mention all the name schools who wanted him."

I don't recall us ever coming in second to SC consistently for recruits even in our leanest years.

It is very refreshing, but I am just ready to see us actually back up the hype for once. I would love to finally be able to talk football with my colleagues from other universities and not feel embarrassed about past 7 years. Last year, was for the most part, a great start. Really hope to see the success continue so that I finally have ammunition against my Bama acquaintances.

it'll be more refreshing to be talking about a win on 9-25. get the season going in the right direction....have something TANGIBLE to talk about.....that's what i want!!!

You are getting there. Soon you will overlook Fl and realize the true test won't come until Ga.

I count them all as easy wins until Ga. That is a toss up, but I expect a win there as well.

You are giving Fl too much credit. This would have to go side ways for them to have a true chance this year. They only have an opportunity to beat us, that's their only chance.

Go Vols!

You are getting there. Soon you will overlook Fl and realize the true test won't come until Ga.

I count them all as easy wins until Ga. That is a toss up, but I expect a win there as well.

You are giving Fl too much credit. This would have to go side ways for them to have a true chance this year. They only have an opportunity to beat us, that's their only chance.

Go Vols!

this must be your first year of watching this game huh?

acting like FL isn't a big game is just being ignorant.

These past few years it always been about how good they were and how bad we were, now it's flipped they are worse and we are better. Unless our minds get in the way, we take care if them and move on to Ga. The Fl game is only big if we lose, if we win it will be a mole hill if we lose it's a mountain. We have put ourselves in a no win situation, after we win it will be "we should have the last three years. I think a win could be anticlimactic. Still a great win but just a piece of what 2016 has in store for us.

To think they are the high water mark is also ignorant. We will face much tougher opponents, that will impact the ultimate outcome of our season. We don't hafta beat Fl to win the east, it goes thru Athens for us, but we have got to handle business at home.

Go Vols!

I want to beat them.
However, seeing their name being mentioned more on this site than our own?
I find it both annoying and borderline disturbing. Jmo.

VN Store

Back