Vincent Perry ineligible

Means one more spot for this recruiting cycle right? It is quite unfortunate though.

So he sat out an entire year with injury and still **** the bed with his grades?

As those beloved ESPN sportscasters say, "COME ON MAN!"

Oh well. Double-edged sword. We lose him, but gain an extra scholly for this cycle.

Reactions: 4 people
We are thin enough at that position. This is not good. It wasn't that long ago we had a lot of WR's go down. Next man up I guess.

I was really looking forward to seeing Vincent play. What little I've seen of him during practice games, I was highly impressed.

Tyler Byrd...YOUR
18j4vp7ph67eejpg.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Still plenty of options at WR. Better him than a player that was proven. Cannot believe some of these players are unable to keep their grades in order when they have so many resources to assist them.

Reactions: 3 people
If we were banking on Perry to play at a high level to win this year then it was never our year to begin with. Don't get me wrong, the kid looked like a player and there was some positive buzz about him before his injury last year but he was never going to be an All-SEC performer, or even close to one, this year. To be sure, WR production has been substandard each year that Butch has been here and this needs to improve drastically if we are going to play at the highest levels. There are some WRs in this recruiting class and upperclassmen that are going to need to get it together. All in all, I view this as a minor setback.

Reactions: 5 people
Hate it for him. But we're still fine at the position. We've got 10 scholarship WRs. We are very talented, from 1st through 3rd string.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately I'm not surprised. This possibility was alluded to back in early June. In fact, someone back then posted that Perry was probably leaving school to go JUCO and might even try for pro baseball.

VN Store

Back