Predicting College GameDay Visits

ItsAllVols

Go Vols
Twenty-three years ago, the pregame show of all pregame shows was born.

Since the first appearance in South Bend, Ind., on Nov. 13, 1993, for Notre Dame's matchup with Florida State, ESPN College GameDay has developed into a staple of Saturday college football action. After two hundred-plus appearances at campuses across the country, the pregame show is bigger and better than ever entering its 24th year.

By the way, I was at this game being from Indiana ND was really the only football team to follow.

Let's predict where ESPN's traveling morning show will visit in 2016:

Predicting College GameDay Visits for 2016 College Football Season - HERO Sports

Last edited:
I could very easily see 3 Tennessee appearances but that week 7 matchup is a toss-up. Just comes down to both Alabama and Tennessee taking care of business the first 6 weeks.

Week 1: Wisconsin v. LSU (Green Bay)
Week 2: Tennessee v. VaTech (Bristol)
Week 3: Ohio St. at Oklahoma
Week 4: Stanford at UCLA // Georgia at Ole Miss
Week 5: Wisconsin at Michigan
Week 6: FSU at Miami (FL)
Week 7: Stanford at Notre Dame // 'Bama at Tennessee
Week 8: Ole Miss at LSU
Week 9: Clemson at FSU
Week 10: 'Bama at LSU
Week 11: Baylor at Oklahoma // Stanford at Oregon
Week 12: Ohio St. at Michigan St.
Week 13: Michigan at Ohio St.
Week 14: LSU v. Tennessee (SECCG)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, it all depends on how the season plays out week to week. Just look at schedule lay outs based on rankings at the end of this past year, Tennessee isn't the best game on at really any week.

It all depends on who exceeds expectations and who fails to meet them. I know we would all love to get CGD here for the Florida game, but it seems to me that there are a lot of good games that week. Our best bet is probably an away game and that is UT vs. Georgia. Pretty week list of games that week, but even so there is still 1 game that on paper looks better.

At this point, it's impossible to say. Because you know CGD is going to throw in a stupid trip to Fargo for NDST again this year, even if the game itself they cover means nothing.

EDIT: Looking back on it, Battle at Bristol is our best shot. Pretty much nothing going on that week, and you have to believe CGD will want to be at "The Biggest Football Game in History."

Last edited:
ESPN has a better chance of getting Sean Payton than Peyton Manning. The Manning family tolerates ESPN but does not do anything to help.

What about that SportsCenter commercial where the whole Manning family was touring the ESPN facility?

Not if but WHEN our Vols are still undefeated CGD will have to come to Neyland for the alaBubba game.

I also agree that I don't care if CGD ever comes to another of our games again because they seem to bring us a loss.

Team 120, working hard to earn their respect...VFL...GBO!!!

I thought the battle of bristol has already been claimed by ABC?

Can two networks host a game?

Last edited:
I'm hoping for a night game or late afternoon game against FL. GameDay would make it a little better. Just ordered tickets last week. Even if we do get one GameDay we could still get 1 or 2 Sec network shows

I could very easily see 3 Tennessee appearances but that week 7 matchup is a toss-up. Just comes down to both Alabama and Tennessee taking care of business the first 6 weeks.

Week 1: Wisconsin v. LSU (Green Bay)
Week 2: Tennessee v. VaTech (Bristol)
Week 3: Ohio St. at Oklahoma
Week 4: Stanford at UCLA // Georgia at Ole Miss
Week 5: Wisconsin at Michigan
Week 6: FSU at Miami (FL)
Week 7: Stanford at Notre Dame // 'Bama at Tennessee
Week 8: Ole Miss at LSU
Week 9: Clemson at FSU
Week 10: 'Bama at LSU
Week 11: Baylor at Oklahoma // Stanford at Oregon
Week 12: Ohio St. at Michigan St.
Week 13: Michigan at Ohio St.
Week 14: LSU v. Tennessee (SECCG)

LSU 4X?

UM v OSU 2X Edit: NM, I saw UM twice; was MSU, UM.

Something's gotta give.

Last edited:
LSU 4X?

UM v OSU 2X?

Something's gotta give.

UM v. OSU and MSU v. OSU makes sense but it's unfortunate the two fall in consecutive weekends.

As for LSU, the first weekend is already guaranteed and the Bama matchup might as well be confirmed since its basically a playoff game in November. The winner of that game will definitely be getting another gameday appearance for the SECCG. The one I see possibly getting dropped is that Ole Miss-LSU game.

VN Store

Back