Vols Top Ten Passes of 2015

TAF

Oh Yeah...I mean it!
I am not the creator of this video...

but, I enjoyed watching it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKqGB8pHhgE[/youtube]

One thing that stands out...only a couple of these throws hit anyone in-stride (and frankly Dormady has 1 or 2 that are nice throws)...the REST...are GREAT catches...(and I STILL think josh Smith was NOT the intended target for the #1 throw against Georgia...he just went up and GOT it!

Bring it on D4H...but, I hope your Idol REALLY improves before September 1st!

Reactions: 7 people
They play last night and I didn't know about it?!?!?! Who'd they play and how bad did we beat them?

Dammit I hit one wrong button and it auto corrects me. I almost always check, so it's possible I just read over it since it does make sense (in a way)

Dammit I hit one wrong button and it auto corrects me. I almost always check, so it's possible I just read over it since it does make sense (in a way)

It's alright I wrote play instead of played. Autocorrect gets the best of us all.

One thing that stands out...only a couple of these throws hit anyone in-stride (and frankly Dormady has 1 or 2 that are nice throws)...the REST...are GREAT catches...(and I STILL think josh Smith was NOT the intended target for the #1 throw against Georgia...he just went up and GOT it!

Bring it on D4H...but, I hope your Idol REALLY improves before September 1st!

He's your f'in starting QB.

And you guys wonder why I think there's racial issues going on here.

Why the hell should someone be attacked on a vol fan message board for liking OUR STARTING QB?

Reactions: 3 people

Why the hell should someone be attacked on a vol fan message board for liking OUR STARTING QB?

You had a point up until the race thing.....just ****ing stop with that ****. And you're "attacked" because you are basically a major douche about most things.

Reactions: 10 people
You had a point up until the race thing.....just ****ing stop with that ****. And you're "attacked" because you are basically a major douche about most things.

I just don't get why liking OUR STARTING QB is somehow out of bounds.

Can you please answer that for me?

If you give me a valid answer I'll drop the race issue.

I'm simply bewildered at the hatred toward me just because I like our starting QB and I'm willing to defend him.

It makes no sense to me.

I don't understand why we are trying to find reasons to bash our starting QB. If he gets hurt this season you'll miss him quick

There is no "bashing' of Dobbs...just WATCH THE VIDEO....

They couldn't find 10 GREAT passes from Dobbs...so they HAD to add 2 from Dormady, one from Kamara...and an actual lead-in-stride rope from Jennings to Dobbs against Florida.

Meanwhile...guys have to slide and contort their bodies to catch Dobbs "greatest passes'...'cept for the 1 to Malone and the 1 to PW...

Meanwhile...I continue to contend that Josh Smith grabbed that pass against Georgia (which is listed as #1) but, it was meant for (I think?) Jennings.

And YES...D4H...you are 100% CORRECT...this is ALL ABOUT "race"... *insert rolling eyes*

I'm just looking for some REAL pass trajectory, placement and timing improvements from Dobbs this year...

'Nuff Said...

I'm simply bewildered at the hatred toward me just because I like our starting QB and I'm willing to defend him.

It makes no sense to me.

Almost every college football team out there is enamored with the "backup" QB. Go read any message board when the starting QB at any major NCAA program has an off game. It's not just here and it isn't about race.

Did you not watch the video? Can you not see with your own eyes that Dobbs struggles with accuracy? Tell me, seriously, how many times has Dobbs actually hit a receiver in stride and given them a chance for YAC? I'll hang up and listen.

P.S. Watch your tone on here with instigating racial tension and accusing others of racism. That's ban-worthy offense IMO.

Reactions: 4 people

Get out of here with that racist bull crap, they are messing with you because they know it pissed you off. Where were you during the Worley days? How about Simms or Crompton? I suppose only Black people were critical of them?

It makes no sense to me.
Nothing wrong with liking him, we all do. The issue is your condescending, you're a scouting genius BS you throw in anyone's face who dares disagrees with you. Dobbs is what we need and the season will probably depend on his performance this year, but the guy isn't Joe Montanya with wheels. He's got a lot of work to do to be a legitimate passing threat IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

It makes no sense to me.

I go back and forth as to whether you're a great troll or just a sensitive poster. In this case I'll assume the latter.

I do not know or believe that there is a single true Vols fan who wishes Dobbs to play poorly. So you're creating that narrative.

There is zero racial overtone in this discussion - except for what you inject.

I, along with every Vol fan I know, hope Dobbs has a tremendous season. We all know our offense will go as far as he takes it. Teams will no doubt crowd the box and dare us to make plays downfield.

So yes we all want Dobbs to have a great year - SEC title, playoff run, NFL draft pick if he wants it. But...most of us recognize his serious accuracy issues from the past couple of seasons must be improved for any of that to happen.

Bring it on D4H...but, I hope your Idol REALLYimproves before September 1st!

I disagree. Dobbs basically said it was for him on the Tennessee summer tour, Dobbs strikes me as someone who would laugh it off and admit it was for someone else.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back