Butch Jones Calls Team VETERAN!

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
At the SEC Spring Meetings, Butch called this team veteran. It's great to hear him finally say that, as he's called us a young team to this point. This is truly a sign of how far we've come since Butch arrived in '13.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 7 people
He'll still catch flack for it around here. I can hear it now...

It's extremely insensitive to refer to a football team as "veteran" coming out of Memorial Day weekend. It does a disservice to the real heros, our military veterans, so soon after their weekend.

Reactions: 28 people
He'll still catch flack for it around here. I can hear it now...

It's extremely insensitive to refer to a football team as "veteran" coming out of Memorial Day weekend. It does a disservice to the real heros, our military veterans, so soon after their weekend.

So sad but true. May not use Memorial day but will gripe about something.

It may be veteren, but this team still has some serious issues ...

100% have never played at a NASCAR track

... so this staff has its work cut out for it.

Reactions: 19 people
Never fear. Sterling Marlin is coming out of retirement to coach the Vols on everything Nascar.

It may be veteren, but this team still has some serious issues ...

100% have never played at a NASCAR track

... so this staff has its work cut out for it.

Don't forget they haven't played on a Thursday in the regular season since being in college.

LOL because they weren't until Butch made it official.

I think most of us thought he was still calling them young when we felt they were already more than that. But if even he is calling them veteran, that means the locker room/playing field mentality of the coaches and players is that of experience and confidence.

Definitely better if that is the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs has never started a game against UF in Neyland. The over whelming support from the fans may cause him to be jittery in the first half so expect a lot of screens and draws.

Reactions: 1 person
Coach Jones' comments where a micro-aggression against me, and violated my Safe Space!!
:blink:

10037-albums19-picture5603.jpg

Last edited:
Is this what you meant?

Harsh but kinda true. I think he gets a lot of blame for the OU and UF losses last year. Convert one 1st down at the end and we win. In both games he couldn't. Maybe it was Butch or DeBord that called those QB keepers, but he still couldn't seal the win by converting. Sad part is if Pig was still there they may have tried a quick pass to him on one of those final drives when the WRs were single covered and the CBs were watching the back field for the run

When you play over 20 freshman one year, close to 20 the next, and then follow those two years up by playing another 15 or so, he better refer to his team as VETERANS because they are. Being "YOUNG" is no longer an acceptable excuse for losing games they had won and gave away.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back