Bray opens as No. 2 QB in Kansas City

We could see him get a chance this year. KC was interested in trying to draft Lynch to replace Smith. We'll see if they're willing to give Bray a shot at taking the job.

Reactions: 5 people
Could be a huge positive sign for him.

...could be they're trying to motivate their 2 drafted back-ups.

Either way, it's an opportunity for him. It'll be interesting to see what he does with it.

Not sure if you will remember way back when...... but Bray was ranked in some poll to be the QB in his HS signing class projected to have the longest NFL career. Remember all the guys we swung at and missed? Scroggins etc...... thank God that worked out how it did.

Reactions: 3 people
In ahead of the throwing beer bottles comment! :blink:

Happy for Bray and hope he earns the job!! :rock:
Shame our D was so bad when he was here!

Reactions: 8 people
Could be a huge positive sign for him.

...could be they're trying to motivate their 2 drafted back-ups.

Either way, it's an opportunity for him. It'll be interesting to see what he does with it.

They've kept him through his injuries and have never really declared that Murray was ahead of him. I think Murray is legitimately on the bubble.

Reactions: 1 person
In ahead of the throwing beer bottles comment! :blink:

Happy for Bray and hope he earns the job!! :rock:
Shame our D was so bad when he was here!

Shame he had to play for Dooley. Also a shame that we as fans had to watch Dooley coached games.

Reactions: 10 people
Ability has never been the issue with Bray in KC, it's been his health. Andy likes Bray a lot.

Health wasn't his issue in college. I think (or at least I hope) he has finally matured and this may be the opportunity he needs.

I'll be honest, I did not know he was still playing for the Chiefs. I figured he was at home on the couch throwing beer bottles at the trash can during football season.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll be honest, I did not know he was still playing for the Chiefs. I figured he was at home on the couch throwing beer bottles at the trash can during football season.

Peyton mooned a female trainer, Bray threw beer bottles at a trash can................lesson here, most kids do dumb ****

Reactions: 13 people
If Tyler can stay healthy, step into the pocket to avoid the rush, abandon the "me-first" attitude and sense his blind-side threat,.... he could be in the NFL a long time. He has leadership skills, a howitzer for an arm and seems to know the playbook.

I have a feeling Bray will get his shot eventually. When have you heard of a team handing out a contract extension to an undrafted free agent who hasn't even played a down in a regular season game? Reid has plans for Tyler and I honestly can't wait to see them come to fruition, dude was ridiculously fun to watch play while he was here.

Reactions: 1 person
Ahead of Aaron Murray and Kevin Hogan.

Tyler Bray opens offseason practice as the Chiefs' No. 2 quarterback - Kansas City Chiefs Blog- ESPN

I'm happy for him. If he puts it together, he can be special.

Wonderful vote of confidence from Reid in that article:

"Somebody's got to be the No. 2, so he's the No. 2 right now. We're only out here for so long. You try to get as many reps with each one as you"

---

"It's as wide open a competition as you can have there," he said.

Last edited:
What were his stats in college? If we had a defense with a pulse, we win the East that year.

Easily. We put up some points. If we had a D with half a pulse we would have had a much better season.

Nice! Even though Bray seemed like an A hole for the most part, I wish him well. He definitely:thumbsup: has the arm to be an NFL qb.

Reid likes him a lot or they would have cut him the past two seasons. They paid him for two seasons when he was on DL starting preseason. They don't do that for players that they don't believe can start in their system.

VN Store

Back