Daniel Bituli fired up and ready to go

Shades

Shady member
We keep getting player after player, like Bituli, that are focused on what is best for the team, ready to contribute in whatever way is needed.

CBJ is finding talented kids with great attitudes.

Per 247:
LB Bituli ready to compete at Tennessee

While Tennessee is returning both of its starting linebackers from last season — sophomore Darrin Kirkland Jr. and senior Jalen Reeves-Maybin — Bituli said he’s planning to compete for playing time once he arrives on campus.

“I’m definitely going in there trying to start anywhere I can,” Bituli said. “But if I have to be on the bench and just get better as a player, then I’ll do that — whichever one is best for the team.

“If I have to play special teams, then I will.”

He said he’s excited to be joining a team that’s already being mentioned as one of the preseason favorites to win the SEC East and perhaps contend for the SEC title.

“I love it,” Bituli said. “I hold myself to a high (standard), and I love that the team does the same for itself. I love that I’m going into a team that’s so competitive, because that’s who I am. I hate to lose, and they do, too, so it worked out perfectly.”

Bituli admitted he “most definitely” has high expectations for what he and his future teammates will be able to accomplish over the next few years.

“I’d love to be competing for a title every year — nothing short of that,” he said.

Reactions: 26 people
Interesting that they said he'd be starting off at Middle or Weakside linebacker. I would've pegged him as more of a Sam.

I still think he ends up playing with his hand in the dirt before it's all said and done though.

I love the kids attitude. He is willing to compete and even if he thinks he can beat out our starters, which is unlikely at best, he understands that it is earned. That's a refreshing frame of mind for an 18 year old these days to be honest. I'm rooting for ya young fella.

Reactions: 2 people
All I've got to say is that the size and speed of SEC ball will be a VERY TOUGH ADJUSTMENT for Bituli.

Are you sure that is ALL you've got to say? Because it feels like you want to add something about Bituli embarrassing you in front of the bros at the food court or something. If this is personal let's get it out there and deal with it together, big guy. Why are you so certain he is a fraud?

I think it goes without saying that SEC play is going to be an adjustment for the entire class.

Except Warrior maybe.

Reactions: 6 people
I believe that there are only 2 true LB positions in this defense. The "Nickel" is pretty much our base set if I'm not mistaken.

I believe that there are only 2 true LB positions in this defense. The "Nickel" is pretty much our base set if I'm not mistaken.

Depends on how much Shoop changes. At some of his pay stops, he'd keep his defenses in their base 4-3 as much as 2/3 of the time some games.

No way to know whether that was out of personal preference or due to less than ideal personnel though.

Interesting that they said he'd be starting off at Middle or Weakside linebacker. I would've pegged him as more of a Sam.

I still think he ends up playing with his hand in the dirt before it's all said and done though.

I could see him getting reps at fullback as well.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back