Fils-Aime feeling good about Vols' future

kamoshika

Fils-Aime is the kind of versatile back who shows potential to do plenty of different things, and he said he doesn’t care what Tennessee wants to do with him when he arrived in Knoxville in a couple of weeks. He said he just wants to help.

“For me, it’s anywhere they want to use me — at running back, out of the slot, playing some at wideout if they think my hands are good enough,” he said. “Anyway I can help the team, I’m fine with that.

“Shoot, I wouldn’t mind if they put me at guard and told me to block. I’m not sure how I’d do, but I’d try.”

Fils-aime feeling good about Vols' future

* good idea to mute your audio before clicking on link *

Reactions: 23 people
Yes, love this young man's attitude too, and sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.

Playing time on offense might be tough for Fils-aime to earn as a true freshman — junior stars Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara are focal points of the offense, and sophomore John Kelly had a great spring — and he said he’s not going to be naive about that. And Fils-aime said he doesn’t want to get significant reps before he earns them in practice.

“Don’t get me wrong, as a freshman I’d love to play, but I don’t want to get on the field until I really earn it and I know 100 percent of everything,” he said. “I don’t want to get out there and not know what we’re doing and slow down the timing and then we end up getting penalties. I would like to play, but I know we already have three great backs, so we’ll see how it goes.

“But for my freshman year, nobody really knows who I am. That’s how a freshman is. I just want to do anything I can to help the team.”

Reactions: 5 people
Love this kid's attitude. He'll be a difference maker in our offense.

I really love the quality of the kids CBJ is bringing in. So much better than what we got our of Phil's last years and Doolittle. They had so many scrub minded kids. So many of them didn't make it here, even though they may have had some talent.

Reactions: 1 person
Kar' lən

Sorry, being a schmuck on purpose. :)

I've always heard that name pronounced "fees-uh-may" (it's Frainch). I can't say for sure that Carlin pronounces it that way though, and it's his version that counts here. Maybe his body isn't ready for that pronunciation yet.

I've always heard that name pronounced "fees-uh-may" (it's Frainch). I can't say for sure that Carlin pronounces it that way though, and it's his version that counts here. Maybe his body isn't ready for that pronunciation yet.

I'm sure we'll hear it pronounced many different ways. Can't wait to hear Lunquist's and Kesling's variations..

Reactions: 4 people

All this sounds complicated. It would a lot easier to just call him "Carl". Maybe he could get used to it after a few years.

Dude looks 30 years old - wouldn't be the first foreign student to have a questionable birth certificate if so. His attitude is certain more mature than a typical high school senior!

Very explosive, tough player.

Kenny Irons that played with South Carolina/Auburn comes to mind.

Not big, but a great talent.
Great attitude towards life.

He'll be big for us in 2017

Mark it--this kid will be a player. I was born in France, mes amies, and so know my running backs with French names.

VN Store

Back