VT message board on our Thursday night game

Volsfaninva917

Volunteers gain two extra practice days for Hokies | Virginia Tech Football Board

Mr. Touchdown

They are going to need it.

Atlee Hokie

Wouldn't be shocked if UT admin lobbied for the change.

SettleSacks
I believe bud had the team learning the bear defense throughout the summer
To prepare for Ohio state. I'm sure the coaches are doing something similar for Tennessee. 2 days wont change a thing

1d Stech
Anyone notice the SEC neutral games always favor the SEC? Bama in Atlanta
and now two more days to prepare for VT than VT for UT.

Maybe it's just me, but I find this disgusting.

I'm sure the Hokies will all be watching the game
I'm sure Tech is already far more in tune with Tennesse's offense than the Vols are of Fuente's and VTs.

Bless their hearts

Reactions: 18 people
I think it will be a game similar to the bowl game, and by the end UT will be firing on all cylinders absolutely dominating them.

Reactions: 11 people
They truly believe they will shut Dobbs and company down. And they also think their offense is a huge secret like UT cant watch the Memphis tapes from last year.

Reactions: 5 people
Even their conspiracies are weak. :)

Yep!

Just proves that every fanbase has "battered fan syndrome" and everyone hates/has it out for their team.

I'm sure before it's all said and done, there will be UT fans flipping this around saying that the VA Tech coaches will get an early start on preparation for UT.

Reactions: 4 people
UT will win 24 -14. The fact that some of you think this is going to be a cakewalk for the Vols is a little foolish....IMO

Reactions: 7 people
UT will win 24 -14. The fact that some of you think this is going to be a cakewalk for the Vols is a little foolish....IMO

I'm not saying it will be a cake walk, but Tennessee is on a whole different level when compared to VT.

I think we'll come out of the gates firing and I really think the physicality of this offense is going to surprise some people this year. Plus, our Defense is set up to be out right nasty, and I think we'll completely shut down their offense.

Reactions: 11 people
I think it'll be a good game. I mean, it's not like they are a complete rebuild project. Beamer simply retired. With that said, I think we control the game throughout. Then again, I thought the Northwestern game was going to be "good" as well. So we'll see.

Reactions: 1 person

Sounds like Northwestern talk all over again. Tech has maybe 3-5 guys that can match Tennesse's speed and athletic ability. Under beamer I'd say this game would be somewhat close because it was a pride thing for them.

Last edited:
Fuentes is a pretty good coach. If the NFL draft is any indicator, he also had a pretty good quarterback the last couple of years. Don't guess he is following to VT.

And to think Dobbs and company will only score 24 is absurd. And I personally think IT WILL be a cakewalk. Turn it around and make it 42! They might score 10.

WE ROLLING!

Reactions: 7 people
If we have anyone hurt in the first game who needs an extra day or two in order to be able to play against VT -- someone who would not have been able to recover in time otherwise, then having the 2 extra days could turn out to be a slight advantage for us. Or if they have anyone hurt who could have played given 2 extra days, same thing.

If both teams are healthy following their season openers, then I don't think there's any real advantage in having the 2 extra days. Think about it this way. Would anyone argue that the longer layoff hurts us? No. And why? Because it's just 2 days. Not significant.

I think it'll be a good game. I mean, it's not like they are a complete rebuild project. Beamer simply retired. With that said, I think we control the game throughout. Then again, I thought the Northwestern game was going to be "good" as well. So we'll see.

No, it IS a rebuild project. Recruiting the past few years under Beamer has fallen way off. They're in the same position we were after we ran Fulmer off. And if you think Beamer retired on his own, you're way off. Hokie AD whit Babcock basically went to him and told him he was going in a different direction the next year and wanted to let Frank go out in a better way than we handled the Fulmer situation basically. Hokies have no depth, new qb, lost entire defensive line, have a weak LB and secondary and they give up a ton of sacks. This has blowout written all over it. I'd say in all honesty, they may have 1 or 2 players total that would start for us.

Reactions: 3 people
I live up here amongst them, here in the Shenandoah Valley...

They are DELUSIONALLY optimistic about this game...

I just wear my ORANGE proudly and smile...

Reactions: 9 people
It may be a somewhat close game at the end of the 1st quarter. I expect a rout from then on out with our talent and depth taking control.

It may be a somewhat close game at the end of the 1st quarter. I expect a rout from then on out with our talent and depth taking control.

This. Bud Foster usually puts out a pretty good defense without a lot of top end talent. End of the day, talent wins out over scheme and we win going away in the second half.

VN Store

Back