CP's 5th yr option declined

He's been a disappointment for everyone involved lately it occurs. Soooo much wasted physical talent, so wonder if he doesn't jive with the current coaching staff and or combo of mental issues? Can't blame the Vikings.

Reactions: 1 person
He'll find another team. Maybe his new team can use him as a receiver some. All he needs is some improved route running and the dude could be one of the best.

He'll find another team. Maybe his new team can use him as a receiver some. All he needs is some improved route running and the dude could be one of the best.

Hopefully he picks up on it. Article states he has been working with an independent coach and bridgewater during the offseason. Maybe he now realizes he can't get by on sheer physical ability anymore.

"I just approach this whole year way different than I've been doing," Patterson said in February. "I'm a lot more focused, just trying to work on my craft -- route-running, getting in and out of breaks, just trying to get the timing good with Teddy."

He needs 45-50 receptions minimum to prove he can play WR in this league. With Treadwell the Vikes could be a lot of fun to watch. Hope the lights
go on for CP this year.

His QB is average.. Go to a franchise QB may turn in a superstar

I don't know about superstar. Everyone in the NFL is talented and extremely athletic but a solid receiver. Definitely. Have a QB that can hit him in stride on a slant route or a rub route across the middle on a consistent basis and hes a weapon. The Vikings didn't use him well imo but hell what do I know.... Lol

Reactions: 3 people
A KR/PR of his quality will surely find a spot somewhere - if only at the league minimum (which is more than most on here earn annually).

One guy the other day described him as "Forrest Gump". Unfortunately, that well may be the case. He's had 6+ years to "learn the trade as a WR" and for some reason just can't seem to do it. Its not physical, its mental (or a matter of discipline)

I don't know about superstar. Everyone in the NFL is talented and extremely athletic but a solid receiver. Definitely. Have a QB that can hit him in stride on a slant route or a rub route across the middle on a consistent basis and hes a weapon. The Vikings didn't use him well imo but hell what do I know.... Lol

Vikings are garbage so is Bridgewater - watch him end up in Dallas with Doolander

Reactions: 4 people
He only played for one year. And he's one of your favorites?

And? Are you the "VFL" police? He wore the orange and white and was one of the most electric football players to ever step into Neyland stadium. Can I not have my own opinions of who are some of my favorite Vols of all time?

Geez I think some of you come in here specifically to instigate arguments.

Reactions: 11 people
A KR/PR of his quality will surely find a spot somewhere - if only at the league minimum (which is more than most on here earn annually).

One guy the other day described him as "Forrest Gump". Unfortunately, that well may be the case. He's had 6+ years to "learn the trade as a WR" and for some reason just can't seem to do it. Its not physical, its mental (or a matter of discipline)

When kickoff returns become less common than Bigfoot sightings, you don't keep a Patterson because of his ability to do returns. You get great receivers who can also run consistent routes and let them stand back there in case the kicker has a muscle spasm and drops it in the field of play.

When the Vikings took Treadwell, anyone who didn't realize Cordarrelle was getting a pink slip was dreaming. They had traded up to get Patterson, and that was a gutsy, high risk move. But with the rule changes, and him unable to apply himself to learn the routes, all his natural talent is pretty much useless now.

When kickoff returns become less common than Bigfoot sightings, you don't keep a Patterson because of his ability to do returns. You get great receivers who can also run consistent routes and let them stand back there in case the kicker has a muscle spasm and drops it in the field of play.

When the Vikings took Treadwell, anyone who didn't realize Cordarrelle was getting a pink slip was dreaming. They had traded up to get Patterson, and that was a gutsy, high risk move. But with the rule changes, and him unable to apply himself to learn the routes, all his natural talent is pretty much useless now.

Well, there were 6 KO for TDs in 2015 and CP had 2 of them. There were 12 PR for TDs in 2015. So.... BigFoot must have had a litter or something and his balls are dragging as low as mine do.

VN Store

Back