I think Alex Ellis will make the roster

The Titans carried a ton of TEs by NFL standards. I don't know how he will jump those guys for a roster spot.

Reactions: 2 people
I remember watching that video when Butch gave him his scholarship letter after he originally walked on. I'm really pulling for the guy

Reactions: 9 people
The Titans carried a ton of TEs by NFL standards. I don't know how he will jump those guys for a roster spot.

I agree with you on Ellis. I don't think he makes the Titans roster. I don't think more than a couple of Vol UDFA's make NFL rosters.

Reactions: 3 people
The Titans are carrying a lot of TEs, but Walker, Stevens, and Fasano are all free agents in 2017. There's a good chance Ellis sticks, especially if
somebody becomes a cap casualty.

More likely to practice squad, not 53 man roster.

Remember we are in the top 5 in NFL for current TE's games played in the league., I think 3rd. I know this is not a factor but if he makes it we go up that list.

Tight End U

Here is the beauty of Alex Ellis, though. He was a true student athlete pursuing a real, big boy degree. I don't know if he has graduated yet, but he has to be close. I hope he can fulfill a dream and continue playing at the next level. But if he doesn't, he should be successful in another career. Such a valuable example for all athletes.

Reactions: 1 person
I remember watching that video when Butch gave him his scholarship letter after he originally walked on. I'm really pulling for the guy

I work with his sister and have met him several times. He is a good guy and I wish him the best. Little known fact that when he walked on he was a QB. Kid got real big over the years. Had he not had some injuries we would have known about him much sooner.

Reactions: 3 people
Here is the beauty of Alex Ellis, though. He was a true student athlete pursuing a real, big boy degree. I don't know if he has graduated yet, but he has to be close. I hope he can fulfill a dream and continue playing at the next level. But if he doesn't, he should be successful in another career. Such a valuable example for all athletes.

Yup, Ellis will be fine if he decides to move on past football. He's got a great family and a good head on his shoulders. Smart kid

Alex Ellis TITAN UP!!!

I hope he makes it!

New Titans GM and HC are all about being rough and tough and smart so AE has a chance because he fits that mold well.

Make us all proud young man, we believe in you.

Mariota drops back and finds Ellis down the seam TOUCHDOWN TITANS!!!

I'd love to hear that every game.

VFL...GBO...#TITAN UP!!!

From looks of the draft, the Titans are going to a smash mouth offense. Ellis was the best blocker on the UT team and he can be a force at H-back type role with his blocking. Also, with his size and speed, he can be a special teams demon.

Don't bet against him.

Reactions: 1 person
AFC south will be an exciting division going forward with 4solid young QB's in Luck, Mariota, Bortles and Osweiller.

Great kid. No realistic chance in NFL.

Take a trip to Canton, Ohio. Go through the Pro football hall of fame. Count the number of busts in there of guys who most thought they had no realistic chance in the NFL.

With Alex's work ethic, his chance's in the league go away when he hangs up his cleats. Until then, I wouldn't bet against him.

Take a trip to Canton, Ohio. Go through the Pro football hall of fame. Count the number of busts in there of guys who most thought they had no realistic chance in the NFL.

With Alex's work ethic, his chance's in the league go away when he hangs up his cleats. Until then, I wouldn't bet against him.

You are right. Do you have the list of walk-on second-string college tight ends from average college teams currently in Canton? I had it with the list of those making All Pro, but I can't find either list.

You are right. Do you have the list of walk-on second-string college tight ends from average college teams currently in Canton? I had it with the list of those making All Pro, but I can't find either list.

Negative Nancy in the hizzouse

VN Store

Back