Doug Who?

qb19

Orange Streak
Can anyone tell me anything about this Orange / White button? I am assuming it is Vol related. I picked it up at an estate sale.

I was thinking Doug is referring to Doug Dickey when he left to coach Florida after the 1969 season.

Any info and or speculation is appreciated.

y1bDEQBOFPr74D-_Oha5pWr4bVtLdTKEh7Au1PWzW3npe_xib06hs55REhhlarHHzveD29QFgPC3HT4Jlscjgim1H9at4u9hv4YeEkvUh9Rqyhp8Ds6CjKf_lyfM9Op5VY5FPndxBaGjhFTqP4ZIcOIf11DvmcReJQbIvdKGqv-5kJGGBDcYgb7zEdkGm2wzKBxIYxvvhDo1SST0IPwjqlMswFlZqmG7F77FdIh2uukFa_3LAHi5XZtIa1RZW7GPQjp6M4E_Q1oJJQwyRZRvumHf-PB0rHhzpGrQjAY3Ng2SWqJpN-qgeavkVqELR0aFpi6xDBJ_cWcvmrwp92ZIX3kDL8FtcW4lcZWcZZqspguRrScBp9BCNHMRlmdQOmz5ZsZEw646t00hzs-egQ43al_lw2mINQo04K1IbS3akGJKpLQLc-Qi7w4KqbDGF4qwq1MiXVYU3sdFXTi2Pfj6mkS6xFux2rpusGN_JQBaAmoTRzj1Ji9kTiPq4x-flSP5bbKaOyN0W9nIXlEnxgY4F-0PCoAUwIpU_kNT_1nUUwuJOjKFlCDhiDCbGf6fhVatdXrSww=w384-h682-no

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the feedback. It seems pretty rare to me. I cannot find any reference (or images) on line.

Can anyone tell me anything about this Orange / White button? I am assuming it is Vol related. I picked it up at an estate sale.

I was thinking Doug is referring to Doug Dickey when he left to coach Florida after the 1969 season.

that is it! Many TN fans were VERY upset he left & a lot thought he lost the Gator Bowl to them on purpose. Many never forgave him, even after he came back as our AD in the mid 80s. He flopped as Fla coach so he probably wishes he'd never left!
My oldest sister had one of these buttons I think. I may have it somewhere in my UT memorabilia...its from around 1970.

Last edited:
My memories on this point are sketchy, but I believe that those buttons were probably made in the week(s) immediately prior to the 1970 Florida game, which we won convincingly at home, 38-7. Bobby Scott passed for a then-school record 385 yards. For a thread specific to that game, see http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/197734-tennessee-vs-florida-1970-a.html. For Youtube video of the game, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJa7FQRgYY0.

According to this reptilian source (The Weekly List: Florida-Tennessee Boils Blood Before and After Game - Florida Gators), "Trailing 38-7 at Neyland Stadium with the clock winding down, frustrated Florida defensive end Jack Youngblood couldn't help himself. The 1970 Florida-Tennessee game ended with Youngblood dropping his pants and mooning Volunteers fans."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
We sang, "We'll beat the Dickey, on the Tartan turf, he'll wish he was in Jacksonville, playin in the surf. Watson will run the ball, McLain will catch the pass. And Alvarez will spend the day (sitting on? knocked upon?) his ***.

Reactions: 2 people
My memories on this point are sketchy, but I believe that those buttons were probably made in the week(s) immediately prior to the 1970 Florida game, which we won convincingly at home, 38-7. Bobby Scott passed for a then-school record 385 yards. For a thread specific to that game, see http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/197734-tennessee-vs-florida-1970-a.html. For Youtube video of the game, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJa7FQRgYY0.

According to this reptilian source (The Weekly List: Florida-Tennessee Boils Blood Before and After Game - Florida Gators), "Trailing 38-7 at Neyland Stadium with the clock winding down, frustrated Florida defensive end Jack Youngblood couldn't help himself. The 1970 Florida-Tennessee game ended with Youngblood dropping his pants and mooning Volunteers fans."

A gem of a post. Love it.

We sang, "We'll beat the Dickey, on the Tartan turf, he'll wish he was in Jacksonville, playin in the surf. Watson will run the ball, McLain will catch the pass. And Alvarez will spend the day (sitting on? knocked upon?) his ***.

Hall of Fame post. Thanks!

y1bDEQBOFPr74D-_Oha5pWr4bVtLdTKEh7Au1PWzW3npe_xib06hs55REhhlarHHzveD29QFgPC3HT4Jlscjgim1H9at4u9hv4YeEkvUh9Rqyhp8Ds6CjKf_lyfM9Op5VY5FPndxBaGjhFTqP4ZIcOIf11DvmcReJQbIvdKGqv-5kJGGBDcYgb7zEdkGm2wzKBxIYxvvhDo1SST0IPwjqlMswFlZqmG7F77FdIh2uukFa_3LAHi5XZtIa1RZW7GPQjp6M4E_Q1oJJQwyRZRvumHf-PB0rHhzpGrQjAY3Ng2SWqJpN-qgeavkVqELR0aFpi6xDBJ_cWcvmrwp92ZIX3kDL8FtcW4lcZWcZZqspguRrScBp9BCNHMRlmdQOmz5ZsZEw646t00hzs-egQ43al_lw2mINQo04K1IbS3akGJKpLQLc-Qi7w4KqbDGF4qwq1MiXVYU3sdFXTi2Pfj6mkS6xFux2rpusGN_JQBaAmoTRzj1Ji9kTiPq4x-flSP5bbKaOyN0W9nIXlEnxgY4F-0PCoAUwIpU_kNT_1nUUwuJOjKFlCDhiDCbGf6fhVatdXrSww=w384-h682-no

Pic isnt showing - care to re post it ?

Hard to believe that this was not included in the Title IX lawsuit, concerning the culture, even before Manning. It's obvious folks!

VN Store

Back