Post Spring Practice Top 25

Coug

20160428_034741.jpg

20160428_034905.jpg

20160428_034940.jpg

According to Bleacher Report

Preseason College Football Rankings: Top 25 After Spring Practice | Bleacher Report

Reactions: 5 people
Now this is more like it. I like the top 7 though I would probably flip Ohio State and Michigan.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Florida State
4. Oklahoma
5. LSU
6. Tennessee
7. Ohio State
8. Michigan

Those are the only legit national title contenders IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
Now this is more like it. I like the top 7 though I would probably flip Ohio State and Michigan.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Florida State
4. Oklahoma
5. LSU
6. Tennessee
7. Ohio State
8. Michigan

You got those paper tiger Sooners at #4?

There's a train coming and that's no hype, it's the Vols heading down the rails on the way to Tampa.

Jump higher Vols.

Reactions: 2 people

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Florida State
4. Oklahoma
5. LSU
6. Tennessee
7. Ohio State
8. Michigan

I truly think LSU is going to flop again this year. Not in a 'terrible' way, but I think they'll fall far short of the 'win the SEC West, win the SEC, go to the playoffs' hype. Maybe around 9-3. I just don't think Harris is the QB to get them there.

I would actually switch Ohio State and Oklahoma.

I also think Baylor, Stanford (depending on QB play), and possibly UCLA (my darkhorse!) could be thrown into the national picture mix.

Edit: Can't forget Houston either (see 2006 Boise State...)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Frankly my Dear, I don't give a damn about any other team. We take care of our business and they all go away.

I truly think LSU is going to flop again this year. Not in a 'terrible' way, but I think they'll fall far short of the 'win the SEC West, win the SEC, go to the playoffs' hype. Maybe around 9-3. I just don't think Harris is the QB to get them there.

I would actually switch Ohio State and Oklahoma.

I also think Baylor, Stanford (depending on QB play), and possibly UCLA (my darkhorse!) could be thrown into the national picture mix.

Edit: Can't forget Houston either (see 2006 Boise State...)

LSU is, arguably, the most talented team in the conference coming into this season. But like you said, they'll only go as far as Brandon Harris takes them.

It's been far too long since we started out the season ranked in the top 10, FAR to long.

7th is a fair place to start out considering all we'll bring to the field this season.

Now we work and climb up the rankings from here.

1 game at a time, 1 WIN at a time.

100% focus, 100% effort.

Refuse to lose!

WIN by WIN our Vols are building a Champion...VFL...GBO!!!

Everyone seems to be chalking the Georgia game up as a win, but the sports media still seems to be pretty high on them. We play at their house, they will have revenge on their mind, and still have a great ground game. This game is 50/50 in my book.

Reactions: 6 people
Everyone seems to be chalking the Georgia game up as a win, but the sports media still seems to be pretty high on them. We play at their house, they will have revenge on their mind, and still have a great ground game. This game is 50/50 in my book.

They do have a great ground game, but we should have a great run defense. Additionally, they're breaking in a new coaching staff, probably a true FR at QB (especially if Smart is smart, given this is a freebie year for him), and lose their top WR and a couple of their best defensive players. I think the biggest threat coming into this game is that we will be emotional coming off our 11-year streak ending win against FL. If we do happen to win both of those, the A&M game right before Bama is another huge trap.

I agree.

I've said it several times in several threads. The road to ATL this year goes through Georgia. They are the team that can keep us out. I don't care if they have a completely new coaching staff, there is a lot of talent on that team. Do I think we can do it...yes. Is it going to be easy...no. Their house, revenge on their mind, and knowing if we win we're first in the East, Georgia is going to fight and fight hard. It will be a battle,

They do have a great ground game, but we should have a great run defense. Additionally, they're breaking in a new coaching staff, probably a true FR at QB (especially if Smart is smart, given this is a freebie year for him), and lose their top WR and a couple of their best defensive players. I think the biggest threat coming into this game is that we will be emotional coming off our 11-year streak ending win against FL. If we do happen to win both of those, the A&M game right before Bama is another huge trap.

If we are undefeated going into the aTm game...I agree...huge trap game.

This is one of the 1-2 losses that I think Tennessee will have. They'll be coming off an emotional home win against Florida.

Last edited:

And we're not feeling anything after the 5 game winning streak they had? I think we start quite a long streak tbh.

i think that's a bit high for us right now. the SI had us 13, and i think that's probably more fair. while we don't have as many questions this season, there's still a couple pretty significant ones needing answered. if we have the right answers, yes, i think we can, and should be, a top 10 team.

and the good news...if we do make it to college station undefeated, we will most certainly be a top 10 team. come out of there undefeated, and whoa....look out. how big would THAT Bama game be???

We always play well against the Dawgs; Gators, to so much.

This shows how much you guys know about foozeball. Tennessee is not going to have a let down against UGA. In other words UGA aint N. Texas.

i think the UGA game could be a kind of trap game, depending on the result of the FL game.

we win that game, feel pretty good about ourselves, and boom, off to Athens where UGA is waiting to knock us off the top of the hill we are on....i definitely think the UGA game is going to be tough.

This shows how much you guys know about foozeball. Tennessee is not going to have a let down against UGA. In other words UGA aint N. Texas.
here's the only thing i'd say to that....if we do beat FL, i think the one thing we've not seen a TN team do under CBJ is handle success.

and if we beat FL, having already beaten VT...probably headed to ATH as a favorite, top 10/12 ranking.....we're feeling pretty good about ourselves, the media will be most certainly be talking up UT/UGA....

it could be a let down / trap game.....just sayin'....we've not seen one of his teams have to handle success like that....so i'm interested in finding out.

VN Store

Back