Tennessee is punter U!!

All the Colquitts...Herman Weaver...& now Trevor Daniel. Add to that all the fine punters from George Cafego to John Majors to so many others! The University of Tennessee has truly the BEST! :rock:

Hey, you can't blame the punter for 4th down, and you still want the best punter. Field position wins a close game.

Reactions: 1 person
The general would say otherwise.

You misunderstand. I'm in no way saying the kicking isn't vital to a successful program, to winning games. I'm also aware of the fact that we've had some damn good punters over the years. However, if I had my druthers, I'd much rather be just about any other "U" than "Punter U". Give me WRU, RBU, QBU, LBU, DEU, DTU.....but PunterU? No thanks.

You misunderstand. I'm in no way saying the kicking isn't vital to a successful program, to winning games. I'm also aware of the fact that we've had some damn good punters over the years. However, if I had my druthers, I'd much rather be just about any other "U" than "Punter U". Give me WRU, RBU, QBU, LBU, DEU, DTU.....but PunterU? No thanks.

How bout FU.........as in fullback U

The good news is, we can be more than one (at least in our own minds, heh).

We're certainly WR U. We're definitely in the running for LB U (though I've always heard that one applied to Penn State foremost). Why not Punter U, too? We've had the talented players for it. The more things we can be, the merrier. :hi:

How bout FU.........as in fullback U

FU too. Ha, no ill will, just had to say it! :)

The good news is, we can be more than one (at least in our own minds, heh).

We're certainly WR U. We're definitely in the running for LB U (though I've always heard that one applied to Penn State foremost). Why not Punter U, too? We've had the talented players for it. The more things we can be, the merrier. :hi:

FU too. Ha, no ill will, just had to say it! :)

Good point JP, I'd be all for tacking on a PUNTERU to a QBU, a LBU, an RBU or WRU, which we unfortunately seem to have kinda abdicated in recent years. But if the only position we can tout is the one responsible for giving the ball back to the other team because our offense couldn't keep the ball and score, I'm thinking we should just pass on the moniker. No offense to Trevor Daniel or the Colquitt Clan of course.

Good point JP, I'd be all for tacking on a PUNTERU to a QBU, a LBU, an RBU or WRU, which we unfortunately seem to have kinda abdicated in recent years. But if the only position we can tout is the one responsible for giving the ball back to the other team because our offense couldn't keep the ball and score, I'm thinking we should just pass on the moniker. No offense to Trevor Daniel or the Colquitt Clan of course.

Agreed. But man, I sure like them Colquitts, and I feel fairly certain that there's Colquitt blood in the Trevor Daniel family tree. :)

VN Store

Back