New Book on TN Volunteer Football

barnolde

My new book on Tennessee Volunteer Football has just been released-titled "Through Orange Colored Glasses". It is a book written from a long time Fan's viewpoint. Edited by Tom Mattingly and Intro written by Andy Kelly. It has stories about UT players, Coaches, games, announcers, events, facilities dating back to the mid 1950 You can view information about the book on utorangecoloredglasses.com. EVERY Vol Fan will enjoy reading this book and it will bring back many memories for you. This Thread was authorized by vol.freak.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Can I find it in a bookstore or do I need to order it online? I still prefer to make my purchases in store the old fashion way.

If you're such a big Vols fan, why'd you just join Volnation last month?!?! I'm kidding...

Kinda...

Reactions: 3 people
Some people like me are slow to catch on to a great site like Volnation. I will be on from now on. My book is currently only available online but I am working with several bookstores such as Volshop. I live in Dayton-Home of Andy Kelly- and it n stores here but am in process of expanding circulation. It will be in upcoming edition of Football Time in Tennessee. I will be on Jimmy Hyams radio show this Friday at 4:35

Reactions: 1 person
If you're such a big Vols fan, why'd you just join Volnation last month?!?! I'm kidding...

Kinda...

He is a true VFL. He use to have an orange and white UT van that was very nice and everything about this man is orange and white.

Reactions: 2 people
I have loved Tennessee Football from my youth. My Dad took me to 1st game in 1960 to see UT vs Bama. We won 20-7. I asked my Dad after the game "when will you take me to a BIG game. "He said son that's as big as it gets". Single wing back then. You know it looks a lot like our formations today. This story is kind of how my book goes. All Vol cans can relate. Just not as many as far back as I can. Some Father and Sons hunt and fish and this is great. My Dad and I were into sports especially Tennessee Volunteer football

Reactions: 5 people
I will be interviewed Friday. 4/29/2016at 4:35 by Jimmy Hyams on Sports Animal 99.1 about the book. ThroughOrange Colored Glasses. Website utorangeciloredglssses.com

Speaking to 2 Kwanis clubs next week in Knoxville also on TV interview in Chattanooga

Last edited:
I appreciate the interview by Jimmy Hyams yesterday. Response has been great in orders and comments. Touched my heart. On Chattanooga TV on Tu. Channel 3at 11. Speaking to Knoxville Kwanis on Wed and Fri at lunch. Book available at utorangecoloredglasses. Or on Amazon

Last edited:
New Released Book on Tennessee Football.

Perfect for Father's Day. Part of the book is about a Father's influence on the son's love of The Big Orange. Name of the book is Through Orange Colored Glasses. View information about the book and Author is at utorangecoloredglasses. It can also be ordered on Amazon.

What a great read for me going to my first football game in the 60's it brought a lot of memories of Rocky Top. I book everyone should get and read.

New Released Book on Tennessee Football.

Perfect for Father's Day. Part of the book is about a Father's influence on the son's love of The Big Orange. Name of the book is Through Orange Colored Glasses. View information about the book and Author is at utorangecoloredglasses. It can also be ordered on Amazon.

Have you advertised your book on local radio? It sounds like an awesome read.

Yes. Jimmy Hyams interviewed me last Friday on Talk Animal 99.1. Sales are great. Was on Chattanooga Tv on Tu with Andy Kelly promoting my book. Speaking in Knoxville to Kiwanis Club tomorrow. Great read. Great gift especially for Father's Day. Many memories for Vol fans

We will be at East Tennessee Strawberry Festival in Dayton TN today and Tomorrow 5/6 and 5/7 from 8-8 selling and signing books. I will be on Chattanooga radio next week. Come by and see us

Congrats on your book my friend. I have great memories of my father bringing our family to Neyland when I was a kid. I was too young to know what was going on between the lines but I was in awe of the stadium and crowd and am proud my father made these memories with me and my brother. It was late 80's, early 90's before I was old enough to comprehend it and I enjoy hearing/reading about past players and stories that pre-date me. Can't wait to get your book in my hand. Good luck with it.

Great sales in Knoxville Kiwanis Club and at East Tn Strawberry Festival. Getting great emails and comments from readers. Thanks to all. Spread the word to all Vol Fans See my interview with Andy Kelly on Channel 3 TV on my website utorangecoloredglasses

Great reviews from the book. Order now to be sure you receive in time to give this book on UT football to your Dad for Father's Day.

Sounds great! Any chance it may become available on audible? I don't actually look at words much anymore unless it's here. That reminds me, freak needs to work on a vocalized option of volnation.

Sorry. I do not have audible option. However it is a great read. It will bring back many Vol memories. I promise

Last edited:
Newly released book on Tennessee Football. Titled "Through Orange Colored Glasses ". Over 50 years of Vol memories guaranteed to bring back your memories. View and order at utorangecoloredglasses Intro by Andy Kelly. Really the perfect Father's Day gift.

VN Store

Back