Vol Sports Radio: Tennessee Deserves Pre-Season Hype

I think our fan base may be the culprits in creating the hype. He is right about the media, they haven't. But, we have one of the biggest, broadest and loudest fan bases and when haters are saying they have heard all this hype for years, they're taking about the hype from the fans, in my humble opinion. I think that's what those cry babies mean when they say they've heard all the hype before. Good for us. We should be excited and hyped. Whiney azz scared b-otches are what they are. They know it's true this year and we will be 10-2 at worst. I predict a smack down on Florida, a let down either at UGA or aTm, a close loss to Auburn,Jr and then beating them in Atlanta for the title. A great season but I'd rather be 8-4 with wins against both Florida and Auburn,jr. I'm probably alone on that since obviously that wouldn't get us to Atlanta, but I'm dying to beat them both in the same season. Don't think we've done that since 1998.

GO BIG ORANGE!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I think our fan base may be the culprits in creating the hype. He is right about the media, they haven't. But, we have one of the biggest, broadest and loudest fan bases and when haters are saying they have heard all this hype for years, they're taking about the hype from the fans, in my humble opinion. I think that's what those cry babies mean when they say they've heard all the hype before. Good for us. We should be excited and hyped. Whiney azz scared b-otches are what they are. They know it's true this year and we will be 10-2 at worst. I predict a smack down on Florida, a let down either at UGA or aTm, a close loss to Auburn,Jr and then beating them in Atlanta for the title. A great season but I'd rather be 8-4 with wins against both Florida and Auburn,jr. I'm probably alone on that since obviously that wouldn't get us to Atlanta, but I'm dying to beat them both in the same season. Don't think we've done that since 1998.

GO BIG ORANGE!

Nope beat the gumps and swamp lizards both in 2004. 2001 and 2003 as well.

GO BIG ORANGE!

No way this team has a "let down". It don't add up for us to beat Fl and Bama going 8-4. The meat of our schedule is if Fl, Ga,A&M, and Bama.

We as Vol fans are in for a special year call it Hype, but get ready for a great year.

Jump higher Vols.

This could be a great year. I think last year will keep them playing hard throughout all the games this year.

Eat more salad Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
they will and should be hyped as the summer turns to fall camp. no reason this roster should not get to 11 wins and play in Atlanta. expect a lot more hype each week and more picks for winning East.

As I said last year--NO time to buy into ANY hype for ANY UT team until we are at worst 5-1 or 6-0 going into the BAMA game.

These coaches and these players still have a LOT TO PROVE in the SEC...They've not beaten 1 legitimate SEC contender....

They MUST beat down Florida, Georgia, and aTm if they want anyone with half a brain that is free from Big Orange kool-aid to believe THE HYPE.

JUST WIN........HYPE is for desperate fans...

Talk is cheap and for the cameras.....

"We ain't done nothin' ya'll...."

Reactions: 1 person
As I said last year--NO time to buy into ANY hype for ANY UT team until we are at worst 5-1 or 6-0 going into the BAMA game.

These coaches and these players still have a LOT TO PROVE in the SEC...They've not beaten 1 legitimate SEC contender....

They MUST beat down Florida, Georgia, and aTm if they want anyone with half a brain that is free from Big Orange kool-aid to believe THE HYPE.

We gotta hook you up as a guest speaker for the team sometime. You are inspiring.

Forget the Hype and the believing, just sit on your hands and when Jan. 9, 2017 comes and goes, then maybe then you can have a good time.

Sounds like you have an identity problem, first it's "they" and then it's "we", pull yourself together and enjoy the year we are gonna have. No need to wait to start the celebration, don't be afraid of the success that has already begun. We are on a National Championship run.

Sometimes the expectations are just too much for a fan, for some fans the year is gonna be a slow grind and for that fan it will be filled with worry and warnings.

That's not for me, I'm gonna enjoy this long sweet summer leading up to this fall and winter, and come January, all Vols will be satisfied having won the National Championship.

Jump higher Vols.

I hope you know that you are not playing. Neither am I. Getting caught up with the hype only matters to the players. And I doubt Butch is letting them think they've already done something.

As a fan I can be as hyped as I want to be. Why do you care if I'm already punching a ticket to Tampa right now?

Reactions: 4 people
I don't like hype! Just go out there and prove what needs to be proved on the field one game at a time.

Those of you who "Don't believe the hype, go out and prove something, then I'll believe it." That's fine for you. But don't bash those of us who get hyped. I get hyped every year. I'm not afraid of disappointment. Life's full of it. And I keep getting hyped. We're undefeated until we're not. And I'm gonna act like it. And that my friends, is f'ing awesome! Go Vols!!!! BELIEVE!!!!!! Orange Koolaid for everyone!!!!

ole miss and tennessee have had a lot to say this off season. You guys aren't passing notes are you?

ole miss and tennessee have had a lot to say this off season. You guys aren't passing notes are you?

Agreed. TALK in the off season is cheap. What matters is the Sunday Knoxville News Sentinel chatter.

I hope you know that you are not playing. Neither am I. Getting caught up with the hype only matters to the players. And I doubt Butch is letting them think they've already done something.

As a fan I can be as hyped as I want to be. Why do you care if I'm already punching a ticket to Tampa right now?

I can not believe I agree with you for once. You are exactly right!

Let's face it, this Vol squad is loaded with big time talent and should match up well with most any team in the preseason top 10

GO BIG ORANGE!
If we lose to UGA, we won't get a 2nd chance against Bama, or whoever is representing the West.

VN Store

Back