Concerts at Neyland

UT has limited use of Neyland to only a handful of concerts in 2016. The biggest will be that death metal group scheduled in October called Pachyderm Genocide or something like that. I'm too old to keep up anymore, so not sure about the name.

Reactions: 5 people
I bet $20 Kenny Chesney wore a Cam Newton jersey.

HAHAHA - no bet there my friend...also, I didn't realize until just now that this thread is going to meltdown not into a 'concerts at Neyland' discussion, but a 'Chesney is not a VFL' thread :)

Reactions: 1 person
Football stadiums are generally have horrid acoustics, especially the big ones

Should have more at Thompson Boling, its not like they play much BBall there! :birgits_giggle:

10037-albums19-picture5375.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
UT has limited use of Neyland to only a handful of concerts in 2016. The biggest will be that death metal group scheduled in October called Pachyderm Genocide or something like that. I'm too old to keep up anymore, so not sure about the name.

Oh GREAT! Just what we need is a bunch of Elephants walking around our beloved field. This must be Harts fav metal band, huh?

In October during the FB season brilliant planning - at least Auburn has time to re sod the field

Looks like Lee Harvey Updyke was in attendance! Spike 80DF smuggled in his catheter bag.

Years ago, mid 90's, a Rolling Stones show was scheduled for Neyland. UT had an off week, play at Bama, then another off week. The show as going to be held during the Bama week so the first off week would be for set up and the second off week would be for repairing the field. The show was nixed by CPF because he wanted to be able to practice at Neyland for the trip to Birmingham. The Stones show moved to Vandy's stadium instead. I don't think the UT administration is against doing shows there as long as it makes sense to do so but regardless of how large the act is it's still Knoxville, TN. and if an act is going to suffer the expense of doing a stadium show why not move it three hours to the west to Nashville or four hours to the east to Charlotte and have a much larger population base to draw from.

TNERWeleph_hanged_320x480.jpg

I seent The Jacksons in Neyland in '85...

I think Tennessee won The Sugar Bowl that year?

BRING BACK TITO!!!

PN001077.jpg

Last edited:
Lulz...I remember those concerts in Neyland. I sat in QQ or RR...Damn that was a long time ago.

Auburn needed new grass after a Chesney concert. UT should schedule Jimmy Buffet. His fans would bring plenty of their own........

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back