NFL network prediction - North #220 to Steelers

OuterBanksVol

Per Reuter on NFL Network. Late 6th round.

Not good. Should have stayed in school. Teams probably have him pegged as injury-prone.

They need a plug and play since one of their star receivers is out for a failed drug test? No risk really, but the reward could be high if he shines.

He wasn't getting better with our coaches and their blocking first style kept getting him hurt. If he stayed another year I think he would 100% go undrafted

Reactions: 2 people
He was DRAFTED. We sit behind computers and phones and criticize. He'll get paid just to go to camp, and the we'll still be sitting here. Then when he makes it, he'll be the greatest VFL and that he made the right decision. #letitplayout

Reactions: 7 people
He wasn't getting better with our coaches and their blocking first style kept getting him hurt. If he stayed another year I think he would 100% go undrafted

I don't believe any injuries he suffered were due to blocking.

Reactions: 3 people
They need a plug and play since one of their star receivers is out for a failed drug test? No risk really, but the reward could be high if he shines.

they already have that receiver to plug in Bryants spot but could use the depth I guess.

He was DRAFTED. We sit behind computers and phones and criticize. He'll get paid just to go to camp, and the we'll still be sitting here. Then when he makes it, he'll be the greatest VFL and that he made the right decision. #letitplayout

Not yet

Reactions: 13 people
Is this a surprise? Aside from a highlight catch his Freshman year, his time at UT was pretty unremarkable. He's got undeniable physical attributes that could be developed if he stays healthy, but he's a project for an NFL team. Why pay someone 4th, 5th or 6th round money if they're that much of an unknown? I hope he turns out to have a nice career because he seems like a nice guy and he's a former Vol, but from a business standpoint he's a risk. Good luck to him.

Reactions: 1 person

Not good. Should have stayed in school. Teams probably have him pegged as injury-prone.

This hypo thetical selection is a very, very good one.

(1) He will not be expected to be a starter in his rookie season.
(2) He will be playing with a Hall of Fame Q.B.
(3)
There is an actual need for him on the team because their deep threat receiver is suspended. Oh by the way, once he is off of suspension, it is a fore gone conclusion that Pittsburgh will release him. Too much baggage.
(4) yearly play off team.

These four reasons make it a good fit for North....

This hypo thetical selection is a very, very good one.

(1) He will not be expected to be a starter in his rookie season.
(2) He will be playing with a Hall of Fame Q.B.
(3)
There is an actual need for him on the team because their deep threat receiver is suspended. Oh by the way, once he is off of suspension, it is a fore gone conclusion that Pittsburgh will release him. Too much baggage.
(4) yearly play off team.

These four reasons make it a good fit for North....

Roethlisberger is not a hall of fame QB.

The guy is the poster child of a bust. He literally accomplished nothing here, except one catch that looked cool. I wish him the best, but doing cardio on the field usually doesn't translate to becoming a high draft pick and productive NFL player.

Reactions: 1 person

He could have stayed and risked another injury next season and earn $0. Now he can get in to camp, make a roster and earn about $400,000 his rookie year. Should he play really well, he could get preformance bonuses too.

Hmmmmm! Stay in school and risk injury and earn no money or leave and earn money?

Hard decision!

If he's not, he's pretty darn close already. Only a few QBs have his resumé. I don't necessarily agree that individuals should be judged by team performance in a sport like football, but the truth is, he has two rings, and that carries a lot of weight in the minds of people.

You silly rabbit!!!!

Ben R. 43,000 passing yards and still has several years to add to that stat.

Hall of Fame: Moon 50,000 yards Montana 40,551 yards
Unitas 40,239 yards

Ben R. 272 T.D's and still several year to add to that stat.

Hall of Fame: Kelly 237 T.D.'s Bradshaw 212 T.D.'s Steve Young 232 T.D.'s

Ben R. 3 SuperBowl Appearances with 2 rings. vs. Seattle & Arizona. Loss to G.B.

Hall of Fame: Kelly no superbowl rings. Moon no superbowl rings.

MY POINT IS THAT THERE ARE HALL OF FAME Q.B'S WITH STATS THAT BEN HAS SURPASSED OR WILL SURPASS IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS. HE WILL GET IN.....

Joe Montana - 15 seasons - 92.3 rating

Big Ben - 12 seasons - 94 rating

Multiple SB appearances/wins, played when hurt, elevated their respective teams performances. HOF - both. No brainer.

Reactions: 2 people
This is somewhat similar to Skal Labissiere at UK bball. Sometimes it makes sense to enter the draft rather than risk another year of being unproductive in the stats column. The unknowns of draft day may outweigh the potential disaster of another let down year. It's a gamble of course but may be a very wise one in his situation. Plus, the NFL is littered with productive receivers who were found in the later rounds. He just needs his name to get called and his talent will either shine through or it won't...but at least he'll have a paycheck to show for it.

SI.com has him going to the Chiefs at 203. He has a chance to be this year's Mr. Irrelevant (253).

VN Store

Back