Linebacker U?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Last week it was Tight End U, this week Tennessee was mentioned in this NFL Network poll in the discussion of best linebacker school.

So, list the great Tennessee linebackers, and which ones excelled in the NFL. Go.

Cg6MnfmUkAAYv7v.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Al Wilson - Broncos
Jerrod Mayo- Patriots
Omar Gaither- Panthers
Kevin Burnett- Chargers
Raynoch- Cardinals

Reactions: 2 people
Mike Cofer - Lions
Craig Puki - Niners
Carl Zander - Bengals
Greg Gaines - Seahawks

Last edited:
Reynolds, Walker and Kiner I think were the strongest who played together.Reynolds is the only one of the three who had a lasting NFL career. Another one I haven't saw mentioned who had a great NFL career was Mike Lucci. Played for the Detroit Lions.

Reynolds, Walker and Kiner I think were the strongest who played together.Reynolds is the only one of the three who had a lasting NFL career. Another one I haven't saw mentioned who had a great NFL career was Mike Lucci. Played for the Detroit Lions.

Lucci = bad dude. Old school. Enjoyed hitting.

Dale Jones, Kelly Ziegler, Darrin Miller, Alvin Toles, Carl Zander, Keith Delong, Ben Talley, Scott Galyon, Tyrone Hines, Eric Westmoreland, Eddie Moore, etc etc etc

Reactions: 4 people
Frank Emanuel and Steve Kiner are the only Tennessee linebackers in the College Football Hall of Fame. Both were part of a long list of great linebackers during Dickey's Linebacker U era. We have had some great 'backers since, but we were a linebacker factory during Dickey's time.

Reactions: 3 people
Frank Emanuel and Steve Kiner are the only Tennessee linebackers in the College Football Hall of Fame. Both were part of a long list of great linebackers during Dickey's Linebacker U era. We have had some great 'backers since, but we were a linebacker factory during Dickey's time.

The competition for the title of LBU in those days was Penn State and we both had good ones.

VN Store

Back