If you had to choose UF vs Bama game.....

MWAVolfan

I will be able to afford to go to one of the two big home games this year, UF or UA. Based on what you know now, which game would you choose to buy tickets for?

The UF game is attractive because we have a good chance to win and it would be insane to be there if they actually won. However if we do beat Florida and go into the Alabama game with one loss or no losses, it would be the biggest UT football game since the National Championship. It would be off the charts insane in the stadium. But the likelihood of UT screwing it all up by then is pretty decent. For the sake of discussion "screwing it all up" means having at least two losses going into the Bama game and being out of the final four discussion.

Well, which would you choose if you could only pick one?

Reactions: 1 person
With lack of any really in depth analysis I will say "If you want to be the champ, you have to beat the champ".

I would go to the Alabama game.

It will be the biggest game regardless of our record.

Last edited:
I will be able to afford to go to one of the two big home games this year, UF or UA. Based on what you know now, which game would you choose to buy tickets for?

The UF game is attractive because we have a good chance to win and it would be insane to be there if they actually won. However if we do beat Florida and go into the Alabama game with one loss or no losses, it would be the biggest UT football game since the National Championship. It would be off the charts insane in the stadium. But the likelihood of UT screwing it all up by then is pretty decent. For the sake of discussion "screwing it all up" means having at least two losses going into the Bama game and being out of the final four discussion.

Funny you ask this bc I was thinking this same thing the other day. I think I want to go to both games but still if I had to pick one....bama

Entertainment value is immense. I think its a hard nose slobber knocker dog fight. Florida I think we blow out in all honesty

The Florida game. The biggest home game of the season to that point. It's an SECe game with NC implications. With the longest streak on the line in the history of UT. Although it's not the defending NC, it is the defending SECe champions.

Jump higher Vols.

Reactions: 5 people
UF. I plan on going to this game this year specifically to see the end of that streak (which is longer), and hopefully see us knock the smug grin off McElwang's face, 52-3.

Reactions: 4 people
Find a 2nd job, sell something you own, borrow the money because this year if you go to just one and not the other you will never forgive yourself.

Reactions: 2 people
Since nothing is ever off the table at VolNation, I had a feeling that somewhere along the line this question would be asked.

My non-answer is (c) None of the above.

One way of avoiding the choice between being shot in the left foot (again for the 12th or the 10th time, depending upon which foot that a persons assigns which team) versus the right foot (again) is to rephrase the question by taking some of the emotion out of it (impossible): is a divisional loss worse than a non-divisional loss?

200w.gif

If this is just for regular season games then I would go to see them play UF. Then I can watch the Vols play Bama in person in Atlanta in December.

Reactions: 1 person
Best go to the Florida bash. Seems like a lot of money to spend on Bama when most of the orange has cranked their boats by the end of the 3rd quarter.

I think they have a better chance of beating Florida than Bama, which is why I fully expect them to beat Bama instead.

UF. It will be the confidence builder the team needs to set up a championship run. Neyland will be electric. And it will be fun to watch when the guys who brag they "just don't lose to Tennessee" actually do.

Florida is the more important game, but we have a better chance to beat Bama IMO. Of course, perhaps the stars align and we beat both of them. Man, I don't know. I think I'd plan on going to the Bama game because of what you said....if we do play Bama having already beaten Florida, you're definitely gonna want to be in Neyland come October 15.

VN Store

Back