Dave Lawson "officially relieved of his duties"

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
According to Swain.

Dave Lawson has been officially been relieved of his duties at Uni of Tennessee. Was reassigned from away from football during spring.

Reactions: 3 people
I thought Freak was referring to our former offensive coordinator for a second. I am thinking a little slow on a Friday afternoon.

Reactions: 8 people
SCOTT COCHRAN pay him and let him build monsters... Alabama hardly ever has serious injuries and those guys get bigger every year

Reactions: 2 people
I think Butch might want to look at how he does practice, because we have had a lot of injuries even after Lawson moved out of position. I guess some may say new guy has not had time to fix it though.

Reactions: 3 people
We have had more strength coaches than tiger has had mistresses.
This is insane

tiger-woods-smiles-during-pga-championship-press-conference.gif

Reactions: 13 people
SCOTT COCHRAN pay him and let him build monsters... Alabama hardly ever has serious injuries and those guys get bigger every year

We haven't had a good run with former Saban/Bammer employees. May want to give it a few years.

Oh, and you lose one e-cred.

Reactions: 12 people
I think Butch might want to look at how he does practice, because we have had a lot of injuries even after Lawson moved out of position. I guess some may say new guy has not had time to fix it though.

They hired his understudy to take over. Where do you think he learned his craft? His mentor has been fired, time to cut bait and bring on a new (proven) strength coach.

Reactions: 5 people

It's hard to teach being physical without being.......well.......physical.

Reactions: 11 people

Bama's had their share and more of injuries so far this spring/offseason. Knees/etc. Not any better than UT far as I can see.

Wonder what the back story to Lawson is. There was the position move not that long ago and now this.

Reactions: 5 people
I did not who this was --I too was thinking former offensive coordinator and I knew he was reassigned years ago,

It's hard to teach being physical without being.......well.......physical.

I get what you are saying, but I think some guys have already learned how to be physical, so let the new guys do most of the "learning" so to evaluate them.

Also how often you "practice physicality" may be an issue.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back