Lane Kiffin - Tennessee following spree

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I'm quite surprised there isn't a thread on this already since, you know, Lane Kiffin.

There was quite a bit of chatter about it yesterday.

So, for whatever reason, Kiffin followed a bunch of Tennessee players on Twitter. Now, I have no idea who it is that monitors Lane Kiffin's Twitter follows closely enough to notice this type of thing, but it is a little weird.

Here's the list of accounts he followed from what I can tell:

Butch Jones
Tennessee Football
Tennessee Athletics
Tennessee Basketball
Vol Photos
Josh Dobbs
Jalen Hurd
Todd Kelly, Jr.
Dillon Bates
Derek Barnett
Cam Sutton
Jalen Reeves-Maybin
Curt Maggitt

So let's hear your conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat-wearing ideas about the reasoning behind this. Trolling?

Edit: here's a pic someone posted.

CgcfPPCUUAA19Bg.jpg:small

CgcfPQPUYAE86eb.jpg:small

Reactions: 5 people
He knows the writing is on the wall for his days with Bamna. Wants to rebuild all bridges for potential future employment.

Reactions: 1 person
he is posturing for the offensive coordinator position. thinks that Debord will retire sooner than later. wants to be in a position to take it. Been in Tuscaloosa long enough to realize that it is .....well, Tuscaloosa....he likes K-Town much better

Reactions: 3 people
Well, let's eliminate some (im)possibilities right off the bat:

1. He's never getting a job in Knoxville again after the way he left, so this isn't him getting in close with the team and its players for a shot at a return.

2. He's not cultivating player contacts that might be useful in a future NFL job; this isn't how you do that.

3. He isn't spying our team in preparation for the Third Saturday in October; you don't learn jack about football from the twitterverse.

So yeah, I'm with Panthro and others who detect a trolling job. It's the most logical explanation.

So in summary, let's whup dey azz. :good!:

Reactions: 12 people
He's positioning himself for UT's AD job. He always falls up the stairs.

Always.

That guy defies the laws of gravity.

I read the other day that scientists have figured out how to un-boil an egg. If Kiff were to come back to UT in some capacity (don't see it happening), could they figure out how to un-burn mattresses--and bridges?

Reactions: 7 people
Well, let's eliminate some (im)possibilities right off the bat:

1. He's never getting a job in Knoxville again after the way he left, so this isn't him getting in close with the team and its players for a shot at a return.

2. He's not cultivating player contacts that might be useful in a future NFL job; this isn't how you do that.

3. He isn't spying our team in preparation for the Third Saturday in October; you don't learn jack about football from the twitterverse.

So yeah, I'm with Panthro and others who detect a trolling job. It's the most logical explanation.

So in summary, let's whup dey azz. :good!:

Anyone tuned into his call-in show--Kiffin's Krimson Korner--to see if he's mentioned it? I hear it's always an intriguing and entertaining watch, nonetheless.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Honestly I have no idea why he would do that. I know this much, If Butch was following a bunch of Alabama players and Crimson Tide twitter feeds, I would be concerned. Other than that, it means nothing to me other than the fact that they won't have to look him up to talk trash after we kick their butt in Neyland next year!

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back