Neyland Renovation Survey

Volunteer2012

Just took a survey emailed to me. It asked about several different sections being updated. Updates including seat back chairs instead of bleachers, more flat screens, and more leg room. While being crammed into the bleachers isn't always ideal, making more expensive sections (which I would assume lower capacity again) make it even harder for those of us "average Joe's" to afford seating? Don't we want a rowdy crowd and not more stuff shirts, with less capacity? Of course this is just my interpretation, doesn't make me right. Who else got this email? What do yall think?

Reactions: 8 people
Didn't get an email. But, I'm with you. Get me shoulder to shoulder with 105+k of my people and let's raise hell.

Reactions: 12 people
I loved the Rocky Top Peak idea, but not at the base of the Jumbotron. And the Patio seats at the top of the lower level, you would have to have a TV to see some of the game, and they weren't for me,not at $3-4k/ seat...And the rest were out of my price range before I looked. Most of the ideas were for the higher donation sections anyway, so it's not like it was getting rid of lower priced sections, just additional money making seats

Reactions: 1 person
I got the survey and laughed at the question as to whether I would agree to pay a one-time fee of $800k plus annual fees of $150k-$200k for a new suite idea. I love UT football, but that kind of money is out of the question unless they were to let me move into the stadium with a few other families.

Reactions: 4 people
Just took a survey emailed to me. It asked about several different sections being updated. Updates including seat back chairs instead of bleachers, more flat screens, and more leg room. While being crammed into the bleachers isn't always ideal, making more expensive sections (which I would assume lower capacity again) make it even harder for those of us "average Joe's" to afford seating? Don't we want a rowdy crowd and not more stuff shirts, with less capacity? Of course this is just my interpretation, doesn't make me right. Who else got this email? What do yall think?

I would say that donors and season ticket holders all got it..

Rocky Top Peak Seats

· Individual chair back seat with a cup holder or a loge box configuration
· More leg room than regular stadium bleacher seating
· Covered or semi-covered seating area that is protected from the elements
· Access to an outdoor patio area located directly behind the seats
· Ability to purchase expanded concession options
· Private restrooms
· Access to shared seating areas (I.e. tables, patio furniture, etc.)

Field Level Club Membership in South Endzone

· Access to a lounge with views of the field before the game, throughout the game, and following the conclusion of the game
· The ability to purchase expanded concession options
· Private restrooms
· Access to shared seating areas in the club lounge (I.e. tables, couches, booths, etc.)

Ledge Seats

· Covered by the stadium overhang
· Views of new flat screen TV’s overhead
· Access to general stadium concession and restroom areas

Chairback seats lower level west

Currently, seating along the west sideline of the lower level of Neyland Stadium consists entirely of standard stadium bleacher seating. It is possible that renovations to Neyland Stadium could include converting existing bleacher seating along the west sideline of the lower level to chairback seating. New chairback seating would offer patrons approximately two (2) to three (3) inches of increased seat width over existing stadium bleachers, and would provide each person with a defined stadium seat.

Club Seats

· Priority parking passes
· Wider (4” to 6” more than existing stadium bleacher seating), padded seats
· Direct access to a climate-controlled club lounge located below or behind the seating bowl
· All-inclusive pre-game/half-time buffet and non-alcoholic beverages
· The ability to stock alcoholic beverages the day before the game
· Private restrooms
· Access to shared seating areas in the club lounge (I.e. tables, couches, booths, etc.)
· Flat screen TVs

Patio Boxes

· In-box front and back counter
· In-box TV monitor (one for every two seats) with the ability to watch other games or programs
· All-inclusive food and non-alcoholic beverages
· Private stadium entrance

South Endzone Suites

· In-suite catering
· Kitchenette
· All-inclusive food and non-alcoholic beverages
· The ability to stock the suite with alcoholic beverages the day before the game
· Private restrooms located inside each individual suite
· Flat screen TVs

Attachments

• neyland_q32_rockytoppeakseats_concourse01.jpg
    neyland_q32_rockytoppeakseats_concourse01.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 56
  • neyland_q32_rockytoppeakseats_concourse01 (1).jpg
    neyland_q32_rockytoppeakseats_concourse01 (1).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 33
  • neyland_q35v2.jpg
    neyland_q35v2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 44
  • neyland_q38_fieldlevelclublounge01.jpg
    neyland_q38_fieldlevelclublounge01.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 42
  • neyland_q38_fieldlevelclublounge_part2.jpg
    neyland_q38_fieldlevelclublounge_part2.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: 4 people

Attachments

• neyland_q44_ledgeseats01.jpg
    neyland_q44_ledgeseats01.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 27
  • neyland_q47.jpg
    neyland_q47.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 21
  • neyland_q51_lowerlevelwestchairbackseats01.jpg
    neyland_q51_lowerlevelwestchairbackseats01.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 27
  • neyland_q60.jpg
    neyland_q60.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 26
  • neyland_q62.jpg
    neyland_q62.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: 2 people
I just completed the survey. I love the ideas of updating the restrooms, concourses and improving crowd flow. However, all the ideas to update most of seating areas only limits the available seating for the average fan due to increased prices. I also see the updates lowering the capacity of Neyland, thus decreasing the game day experience and atmosphere we all love in our stadium. Replacing it with more of a pro like atmosphere which has very little to do with the actual game on the field. Everyone has an opinion and that's mine but higher prices would keep me from continued donations and season ticket purchases. Here is to hoping they improve the stadium for all fans not just for the highest level donors. Go VOLS! VFL

Reactions: 6 people
I just completed the survey. I love the ideas of updating the restrooms, concourses and improving crowd flow. However, all the ideas to update most of seating areas only limits the available seating for the average fan due to increased prices. I also see the updates lowering the capacity of Neyland, thus decreasing the game day experience and atmosphere we all love in our stadium. Replacing it with more of a pro like atmosphere which has very little to do with the actual game on the field. Everyone has an opinion and that's mine but higher prices would keep me from continued donations and season ticket purchases. Here is to hoping they improve the stadium for all fans not just for the highest level donors. Go VOLS! VFL

I've been reading both threads and I have to agree that anything involving custom seating, even seat backs will lower the capacity of Neyland.

I've been reading both threads and I have to agree that anything involving custom seating, even seat backs will lower the capacity of Neyland.

I thought I read this would increase capacity.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, I got the email too, and filled out the survey. Hope they put it to good use. Already sent in the first $100k as a down payment on my new suite! You all are invited!!!

Field level idea is pretty cool but the rest take away people in the stadium (I'm sure the field level thing will as well) but the bleachers are part of the experience.

Reactions: 2 people
Wouldn't an all new club area at field level actually increase the total capacity since you aren't removing or modifying existing seating?

Field level idea is pretty cool but the rest take away people in the stadium (I'm sure the field level thing will as well) but the bleachers are part of the experience.

yea agree the bleachers are part of the experience and you only sit in them till kickoff anyway and halftime....

Hey All,
Apologies if you see a similar message but I just attempted to post this and failed,,,or maybe a moderator is reading and approving my last message - newb here...

Sooo, I'm a Huge Vols fan as well as fan of this site and I plan on being attendance for the UF game on Sept 24...driving up from Atlanta and curious what's the best place to park for someone without any special pass who doesn't mind paying 20ish bucks...

And if I pickup a buddy in Chattanooga at 11:00, would it be feasible to expect to be in my seat by kickoff..

Also, how's security when it comes to bringing my friend Jim beam into the game with me? I like to do my gametime drinking during, not before the game...

Go Vols! and thanks in advance for these answers and any other tips/tricks you can give someone who hasn't been to a game in about 20 years..

Hey All,
Apologies if you see a similar message but I just attempted to post this and failed,,,or maybe a moderator is reading and approving my last message - newb here...

Sooo, I'm a Huge Vols fan as well as fan of this site and I plan on being attendance for the UF game on Sept 24...driving up from Atlanta and curious what's the best place to park for someone without any special pass who doesn't mind paying 20ish bucks...

And if I pickup a buddy in Chattanooga at 11:00, would it be feasible to expect to be in my seat by kickoff..

Also, how's security when it comes to bringing my friend Jim beam into the game with me? I like to do my gametime drinking during, not before the game...

Go Vols! and thanks in advance for these answers and any other tips/tricks you can give someone who hasn't been to a game in about 20 years..

There are places to park in Fort Sanders for about 20 bucks. As for bringing in whiskey. Wear baggy clothes and find a good hiding spot on your person because they will throw any alcohol found away and possibly deny you entry into the game. I know from experience. BTW, stick to Jack instead of that sh*tty kensucky bourbon.

Wouldn't an all new club area at field level actually increase the total capacity since you aren't removing or modifying existing seating?

The way I understood it or remembered it was,that is an
extra $2k on top of the donation and tickets you already buy. It gives you access to that club anytime during the game... If you are talking about the window lounge at field level

I took the survey . . . most of my reasons for not showing interest was due to cost, jeez some of the areas were indicating annual contributions of $4,000 per year plus. Not NO but H#LL NO! On top of that, we have a large family plus one in school at UT . . . we can't afford these required gifts plus the seats. :censored:

VN Store

Back