NFLDraftScout 2016 Mock Draft - Marquez North

I think he must have really been unhappy with his role in our offense to be told he won't go until the 6th round and still not come back. Good luck to him and his future. Hope he lands in a pass happy offense where he can thrive.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he must have really been unhappy with his role in our offense to be told he won't go until the 6th round and still not come back. Good luck to him and his future. Hope he lands in a pass happy offense where he can thrive.
May be more of a stop-loss type of deal.

Can't be right....D4H has him going no later than the 4th rd, maybe even the 3rd.

Do hope he gets drafted and going to the Pats would be great for him.

Reactions: 7 people
Antonio Brown and Cedrick Wilson were 6th rd selections, not bad company

Stay healthy and good luck, Marquez!

Reactions: 5 people
What about Von Pearson ?

6'0", 185 lbs, ran 4.8. Can't see him getting drafted. Kinda cruel though given that he was so much more productive than Marquez the last 2 years. Just don't see how Von translates to the NFL while North looks like an NFL WR prototype.

That would be cool. One Pats 6th round pick catching passes from another. Here's hoping he has as much success as that guy in The League.

Can't be right....D4H has him going no later than the 4th rd, maybe even the 3rd.

Do hope he gets drafted and going to the Pats would be great for him.

Yeah because a 7 round media mock draft is so accurate.

North goes 4th round. Book it.

6'0", 185 lbs, ran 4.8. Can't see him getting drafted. Kinda cruel though given that he was so much more productive than Marquez the last 2 years. Just don't see how Von translates to the NFL while North looks like an NFL WR prototype.

I refuse to believe Pearson ran a 4.8. I ran. 4.5 in high school and I'm an average white guy. He appeared to have more burst than that... Or so I thought.

A website mock draft isn't a good indicator of what he was told, and not really of where he'll be drafted either.

I refuse to believe Pearson ran a 4.8. I ran. 4.5 in high school and I'm an average white guy. He appeared to have more burst than that... Or so I thought.

Not trying to be a douche about it...but odds are your 4.5 in high school wasn't nearly as accurate as the laser timed, high speed camera recorded 40 yards dashes NFL prospects run.

Lots of high schools have 4.5 guys who turn out to be 4.8-4.9 guys when they run a legit 40 yard dash.

Edit: I you're'd when I should have your'd

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
I'm honestly more interested to see if Randolph did enough to get himself drafted.

North is hard to get a read on. He has very good measurables. Maybe not elite, but still very good. Good enough to be a high round pick if he'd put up big numbers on the field. But he has question marks concerning his ability to stay healthy and work ethic. All it takes is one team to like a guy for him to get drafted at any given position, but plenty of teams take guys completely off their boards for injury concerns or other concerns as well.

If you'd asked anybody a year ago if they thought North was good enough to be a mid round pick, I don't think many people would have said he isn't. But at the same time, how many teams are going to spend a mid round pick on a guy who's only appeared in 17 games in the last two years and only caught 36 balls in that span?

Will be interesting to watch.

I'm honestly more interested to see if Randolph did enough to get himself drafted.

North is hard to get a read on. He has very good measurables. Maybe not elite, but still very good. Good enough to be a high round pick if he'd put up big numbers on the field. But he has question marks concerning his ability to stay healthy and work ethic. All it takes is one team to like a guy for him to get drafted at any given position, but plenty of teams take guys completely off their boards for injury concerns or other concerns as well.

If you'd asked anybody a year ago if they thought North was good enough to be a mid round pick, I don't think many people would have said he isn't. But at the same time, how many teams are going to spend a mid round pick on a guy who's only appeared in 17 games in the last two years and only caught 36 balls in that span?

Agree with everything you said. I'm sure Marquez is intriguing to a lot of GMs because of the size and speed. But the injury history, lack of production and inability to separate in college has to override much of that. We know he wasn't particularly well coached either so perhaps a coach or GM thinks they can do a lot more with what Z was unable to. Who knows. I agree that it'll be interesting to see. As you said, all it takes is one, and the Patriots would be a great landing spot for him.

Teams have drafted guys earlier with even less accomplishments.

Remember WR Tyrone Calico?

Titans drafted him in the 2nd round from Tennessee State eventhough he couldn't catch a football. All because he was 6'4" and ran a 4.33 40 at the combine.

A few years later the Titans drafted that one RB from Arizona in the 2nd round that no one had going in the 3rd round let alone the 2nd because he was 230 lbs and ran a 4.4 40.

I just remember these picks cause I used to follow the Titans closely. I'm sure other teams have reached for questionable guys with tantalizing physical traits.

Titans drafted him in the 2nd round from Tennessee State eventhough he couldn't catch a football. All because he was 6'4" and ran a 4.33 40 at the combine.

A few years later the Titans drafted that one RB from Arizona in the 2nd round that no one had going in the 3rd round let alone the 2nd because he was 230 lbs and ran a 4.4 40.

I just remember these picks cause I used to follow the Titans closely. I'm sure other teams have reached for questionable guys with tantalizing physical traits.

And both those pics were busts, Calico was due to a hamstring injury he could never fully recover from tho

God, please don't remind me about Chris Henry.

And yeah, I get your point. That's why I'm interested to see what happens.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back