Malik Jackson coming to Jacksonville

He won A Super Bowl. He won't ever win Super Bowls so long as he's in Jacksonville.

Maybe not but Jacksonville is gradually getting better. Blake Bortles isn't a bad qb. 35 tds last year isn't bad, just has to keep the turnovers down. If Jackson plays all 6 years of his contract there I'm sure they will make the playoffs at least once, maybe more. That division isn't all that tough.

Reactions: 2 people
That's a shame. Would've liked to keep him in Denver.

EDIT: I am happy for Malik... seemed like a really nice kid when I met him at UT. Just wish Denver had paid him to stay.

Last edited:
True, but Jacksonville is building something good right now and is trending upwards

Yeah if they can just fix their o-line they'd be alright. They have a good young duo at WR Austin Hurns and Allen Robinson, and Juluis Thomas at TE.

Jags have the largest cap available, so they might be buying Malik some good teammates. One would think that sooner or later that the Jags field a decent team again.......right?

The only good thing about the Jags is there value on Fan Duel. (AR, AH & BB)

Jags have the largest cap available, so they might be buying Malik some good teammates. One would think that sooner or later that the Jags field a decent team again.......right?

Building a good team is all about the draft.

Pats, Panthers, Packers, Broncos, Seahawks, etc. etc. all get their core guys from the draft, and sign occasional free agents, and very rarely are those big name free agents.

Jags have drafted marginally over the years, that will need to improve for them to compete.

Reactions: 1 person
$90 million, $42 million guaranteed. The man worked himself into some money, good for him! The mustache helped IMO.

Rare player that excels regardless of scheme. Equally great at 3-4 or 4-3 DE and can play 4-3 DT or 3-4 LB better than well. Great signing by Jags...HUGE loss for Broncos, but their priority has to be Von Miller. Maybe they can avoid alienating Demarcus Ware with a paycut now?

He won A Super Bowl. He won't ever win Super Bowls so long as he's in Jacksonville.

And a few years ago, we were saying the same thing about Buffalo, Denver, and New England.

We were right about Buffalo. And you may be right about Jacksonville. However, bringing in Malik is what I would call a positive move to changing their fortunes.

Go ahead and hold your breath on that one

If you think Shahid Khan is going to keep a NFL team in Jacksonville, you are in for a surprise. Why would a multi-billionaire who owns Fulham F.C. keep a NFL team in one of the worst US markets as opposed to pioneering a move to London? You might be correct that they stay, but I think 10 years from now the Jax Jags are gone.

Rare player that excels regardless of scheme. Equally great at 3-4 or 4-3 DE and can play 4-3 DT or 3-4 LB better than well. Great signing by Jags...HUGE loss for Broncos, but their priority has to be Von Miller. Maybe they can avoid alienating Demarcus Ware with a paycut now?

I think they keep Clady and Ware now.
* Von Miller has been franchise tagged for 2016

I think they keep Clady and Ware now.
* Von Miller has been franchise tagged for 2016

Talking about dollars. Since the days of Seattle doing the annual franchise tag dance with Walter Jones, teams generally sign their franchised players. It's usually kinder to the salary cap, the franchise slotting is guaranteed whereas the guaranteed money in a long term can be spread out. Drew Brees kinda put the idea of applying the tag EVERY YEAR out with the bathwater. Teams don't want to test that in arbitration, so the tag is merely part of the long term contract negotiation nowadays.

LB? Malik Jackson? I think you meant DE?

VN Store

Back