Looking for ideas for a project!

C1500

You're the ketchup to my mustard.
I work in a body shop and just upgraded to a new tool box for a good price. Only draw back was that the one I got cheap was blue and I wanted orange.

So I am starting on a weekend project. I have 3 main ideas, but I would like to hear from you guys too. I'll post a picture of the box its self and a paper draft (look over my bad sketch and MS paint skill) of what I was thinking.

Thanks for checking it out and giving some input.

DSC01972.jpg

1. Full orange
2. orange box, white drawers
3. orange box, checkerboard drawers

Scan4.jpg

Reactions: 9 people
The 3rd idea would be cool with the checkerboard pattern on the drawers IMO. All of them are pretty good though.

Reactions: 8 people
If it is going to be in use, I would go with all orange. The white drawers will show smudges more as will the checkerboards.

However, if it is going to be in a very clean area, or more for just looks, I would go with the checkerboard. That would have a good resale value if you ever part with it.

Reactions: 5 people
At least cover it with a BIG ORANGE blanket in the meantime -- that blue just looks hideous (sorry littlecat).

Reactions: 2 people
If you can pull it off I would go for the checkerboard one. Ir looks like it would be much harder than the other two but would be worth it for sure. Good luck!

All orange with a giant "I will give my all for Tennessee" sign painted on the back. You can also get a vinyl decal of the Tennessee in Nike font to replace the brand name. I had my friend who worked in a sign shop make something of the such for my toolbox at work. It is a cheap box but he made an exact replica of a Kennedy logo and added "ghetto series" below it. It's awesome.

Reactions: 1 person
If it is going to be in use, I would go with all orange. The white drawers will show smudges more as will the checkerboards.

However, if it is going to be in a very clean area, or more for just looks, I would go with the checkerboard. That would have a good resale value if you ever part with it.

It will be in full time use. The white was the only worry I had too :p. I do have a cover for it that will be over it when not in use.

At least cover it with a BIG ORANGE blanket in the meantime -- that blue just looks hideous (sorry littlecat).

Its got a matco cover i have been hiding it under :p

If you can pull it off I would go for the checkerboard one. Ir looks like it would be much harder than the other two but would be worth it for sure. Good luck!

It would take a few more hours, but i'll be doing it in a paint booth at work so I can dry the base a little quicker if I needed to.

All orange but line the drawers with checkerboard contact paper.

Wait... there's a product begging to be sold: orange and white checkerboard contact paper! Somebody with more gumption than me, get on it.

For Offensive Tools like hammers and saws put pics of Hurd, Kamara and Dobbs on drawers.
For Defensive Tools like wrenches and screwdrivers put pics of Barnett, JRM and Cam on drawers.
For Special Teams Tools like gauges, tape measures and tie wraps, put pics of Evan Berry and Trevor Daniel on drawers
Put Smokey, Peyton and CBJ pics on the sides of tool box.
Rest tool box on top of crimson elephant, dead gator, bull dog and anchor down voodoo dolls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I work in a body shop and just upgraded to a new tool box for a good price. Only draw back was that the one I got cheap was blue and I wanted orange.

So I am starting on a weekend project. I have 3 main ideas, but I would like to hear from you guys too. I'll post a picture of the box its self and a paper draft (look over my bad sketch and MS paint skill) of what I was thinking.

Thanks for checking it out and giving some input.

View attachment 107414

1. Full orange
2. orange box, white drawers
3. orange box, checkerboard drawers

View attachment 107416

I like the all Orange, then you could use T magnets and change them out, with different looks

definitely post pics, when your finshed

This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time and just now saved up the money to do. I work along a Florida fan, a UGA fan, a Bama fan and a poor FSU fan, and a few other are Vol fans, but they work in a differrent building.

Checkerboard is the answer. An outline of the state with "I will give my all for Tennessee today!" on the right side, power T on the left side. Don't worry about the white showing dirt, you can wipe it off.

Jump higher Vols.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back