For all the people saying Peyton should retire

If he does not retire, he was would cut next month to free money up from Free agency.. No team would pay him 15 million+.. All careers end. He is lucky to go out on his terms

Reactions: 4 people
He has nothing left to prove, or accomplish. I'm sure he'll be one of those guys who makes more in "retirement" than his playing days. You can't ask for a better situation than to go out on top.

Reactions: 1 person
For those of you who haven't noticed the guys blitzing Manning are not going for the knockout shot on him. He's not getting hit like younger players, Dalton , Wilson , Newton etc. In other words no one wants to be " that guy". However if Manning continues to play the game some young buck will be " that guy" and do him serious harm. He needs to enjoy spending time with his family while those kids are still kids.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm afraid we have all seen Peyton Manning's last football game played in his fabulous career....a class act if there ever was one!
Go Vols

After hearing him talk about a hip replacement to go along with the nerve damage, I honestly dont see any reason for Peyton to continue to play. I know he loves the game of football. But hopefully he loves his health and well being much more.

I love how in every thread someone finds a way to take a jab at Cam Newton. I am not happy with the way he conducted himself last night after the game but move on and let it go. We can only hope Cam will learn from his mistakes.

Reactions: 2 people
There is a half life people with injured spines exist within. I know. I am one of them. That life consists of never easing pain, medications, doctors, and a whole slew of people in your life who assume you are a "drug addict" because you're under a pain management doctor's care. Add to that a joint replacement and everything gets exponentially worse. Once you factor in the fact that replacement parts wear out, and you face a lifelong vista of surgeries from which you get only a minimum of relief.

I am almost exactly ten years older than Peyton and have been dealing with all of the above for 14 years. I have a broken prosthetic in my spine, a fusion around it, a knee replacement, neurological damage to both legs and the prospect of another couple pf surgeries within a couple of years. I would not wish this existence upon ANYONE whose guts I hated to the core, much less Peyton Manning.

Peyton knows his body and he is a brilliant man. I only hope to God that no one stupidly advises him to play another year. No one who is a Manning fan should want that for him either.

Leave the man alone. He's done enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Coming back from injury, winning back the starting QB job and then winning the Super Bowl that was his 200th win which broke the record. Hollywood writers could not have written a better ending to an amazing career. The GOAT has nothing to prove, and has more money that his great-great-grand kids could spend.
Why play on?

VN Store

Back